Demo: Stabilization Technique in INTO-CPS
Despite the large number of applications and growing interest in the challenges that co-simulation poses, the field is fragmented into multiple application domains, with limited sharing of knowledge.
This demo promotes a deeper understanding of a well known stabilization feature in co-simulation, which is used in the INTO-CPS tool chain.
We develop the techniques that explain the empirical results of instability of the double mass-spring-damper system, and how to the stabilization feature improves the results. Moreover, we show how the restrictions of the Functional Mock-up Interface Standard impacts stability.
KeywordsStability Simulation Co-simulation
- 3.Gomes, C., Legat, B., Jungers, R., Vangheluwe, H.: Minimally constrained stable switched systems and application to co-simulation. In: IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Miami Beach, FL, USA (2018). To be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 4.Gomes, C., Legat, B., Jungers, R.M., Vangheluwe, H.: Stable adaptive co-simulation: a switched systems approach. In: IUTAM Symposium on Co-Simulation and Solver Coupling, Darmstadt, Germany (2017). To appearGoogle Scholar
- 5.Gomes, C., Thule, C., Broman, D., Larsen, P.G., Vangheluwe, H.: Co-simulation: state of the art. Technical report, February 2017. http://arxiv.org/abs/1702.00686
- 8.Larsen, P.G., Fitzgerald, J., Woodcock, J., Gamble, C., Payne, R., Pierce, K.: Features of integrated model-based co-modelling and co-simulation technology. In: Cerone, A., Roveri, M. (eds.) SEFM 2017. LNCS, vol. 10729, pp. 377–390. Springer, Cham (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-74781-1_26CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Thule, C.: Mass-spring-damper Case Study (2018). https://github.com/INTO-CPS-Association/example-mass_spring_damper
- 11.Thule, C., Gomes, C., Deantoni, J., Larsen, P.G., Brauer, J., Vangheluwe, H.: Towards verification of hybrid co-simulation algorithms. In: 2nd Workshop on Formal Co-Simulation of Cyber-Physical Systems, Toulouse, France. Springer, Cham (2018). To be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 12.Thule, C., Lausdahl, K., Larsen, P.G., Meisl, G.: Maestro: The INTO-CPSCo-simulation orchestration engine (2018). Submitted to Simulation Modelling Practice and TheoryGoogle Scholar