A Neural Network Compensation Technique for an Inertia Estimation Error of a Time-Delayed Controller for a Robot Manipulator
In this paper, a neural network is added to compensate for the deviation error of an estimated inertia matrix of the time-delayed controller for a robot manipulator. The time-delayed control (TDC) method is known as a simple and practical control method for controlling robot manipulators. The previously sampled information is used to cancel uncertainties for the current control using a time- delay. One of the problems of TDC is the constant inertia selected for simplicity and how to deal with the error of the inertia model estimation. In this paper, a neural network is used to compensate for the deviated inertia error. Simulation studies of position tracking control performances of a three link rotary robot are presented.
KeywordsRobot manipulator Neural network Time-delayed control
This work was partially supported by Korea Environmental Industry & Technology Institute and Chungnam National University in 2018.
- 1.Rethink Robotics. https://www.rethinkrobotics.com/baxter/
- 2.Clearpath Robotics. https://www.clearpathrobotics.com/ridgeback-indoorrobot-platform/
- 4.Fetch Robotics. https://fetchrobotics.com/
- 5.PAL Robotics. http://tiago.pal-robotics.com/
- 6.AUBO Rotics. https://aubo-robotics.com/
- 7.Hsia, T.C.: On a simplified joint controller design for robot manipulators. In: IEEE Conference on CDC, pp. 1024–1025 (1987)Google Scholar