An Interval Number Based Input-Output Analysis for a Regional Economy
Assessment of major impacts of economic events is based primarily on the Input-Output (I/O) model. However, in all of the existing I/O models exact information is used. Yet, in real life, it is difficult to obtain such exact information for problems, in particular related to the future. This paper presents an interval number based I/O analysis using the most resent information available for a national economy. The analysis will provide an important source of information in order to understand the inter-relations existing among the different sectors of an economy. This paper focuses on the North Cyprus economy.
KeywordsInput-output analysis Interval numbers Input-output table North cyprus
The research has been conducted with the support of the Near East University, Nicosia, North Cyprus and Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University, Baku, Azerbaijan.
- 1.Turco, D.M., Kelsey, C.W.: Conducting Economic Impact Studies of Recreation and Parks Special Events. National Recreation and Park Association, Washington, D.C. (1992)Google Scholar
- 2.Shaffer, R.E.: Community Economics, Economic Structure and Change in Smaller Commnities. Iowa State University Press, Ames (1989)Google Scholar
- 4.Leontief, W.W.: The Structure of American Economy: An Empirical Application of Equilibrium Analysis. Harvard University Press, Cambridge (1941)Google Scholar
- 7.Surugiu, C.: The economic impact of tourism, an input-output analysis. Rom. J. Econ. 29, 142–161 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.State Planning Organization: Statistical Yearbook, TRNC, Prime Ministry, Nicosia (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Aliev, R.A., Guirimov, B.G.: Type-2 Fuzzy Neural Networks and Their Applications. Springer, Heidelberg (2014)Google Scholar