Forecasting Oil and Gas Reservoirs Properties Using of Fuzzy-Logic Based Methods
As is known, the recognition of productive horizons within of oil and gas deposits is based on assessments of reservoir’s filtration-capacitance properties, the values of which determine the nature of pore space and fluid saturation. Usually variability of reservoir’s filtration-capacitance properties visualize by 2D and 3D petrophysical models which reflect results of well logging and core lab investigations. At the same time, considering that natural reservoirs are characterized by a multitude of parameters, such as tortuosity and the shape of the cross section of pore channels, the thickness of the layer of bound water, etc., which can not be strictly determined thru laboratory experiments so, petrophysical models based only on core researching can not be accepted as flawless. Another major problem in petrophysical modeling is the effect of scattering of experimental data in the phase space of parameters, which inexplicable as errors of calculations or measurements. As a try to avoid the above problems, should be considered fuzzy petrophysical models which is the most optimal, from the point of view of the representation of the polygons scattering experimental data and phase space parameters.
KeywordsDeep-lying sediments Petrophysical models Productive reservoirs Fuzzy values Predicting the reliability Fuzzy logic-based method
- 1.Aliyarov, R.Y., Hasanov, A.B., et al.: Forecasting of qualitative characteristics of oil reservoirs. In: Materials of the Republican Scientific-Practical Conference devoted to the 95th Anniversary of H. Aliyev: Unity of science, education and production at the present stage of development, 7–8 May, pp. 22/31 (2018)Google Scholar
- 2.Latyshova, M.G.: Practical guidance on the interpretation of geophysical research of wells (in Russia), “Nedra”, Moscow, 220p. (1991)Google Scholar
- 3.Aliyarov, R.Y., Ramazanov, R.A.: Prediction of multivariable properties of reservoir rocks by using fuzzy clustering. In: Proceedings of 12th International Conference on Application of Fuzzy Systems and Soft Computing, ICAFS 2016, 29–30 August 2016, Vienna, Austria, pp. 424–431, 28–30 August 2016Google Scholar
- 4.Wendelstein, B.Y., Rezvanov, R.A.: Geophysical methods for determining the parameters of oil and gas reservoirs: when calculating reserves and designing field development (in Russia), “Nedra”, Moscow, 318p. (1978)Google Scholar
- 5.Dakhnov, V.N.: Petrophysics – the basis for the geological interpretation of the results of geophysical studies of wells, its state and immediate objectives (in Russia) Petrophysics of Oil and Gas Collectors. In: Papers of the Plekhanov Russian University of Economics and Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas Institute, “Nedra”, Moscow, Issue 115, p. 15 (1975)Google Scholar