Video Stabilization for High-Quality Medical Video Compression
A medical video analysis provides a forum for the dissemination of diverse results in the area of medical field. The swiftly sprouting changes in the health care entail the modern advances with imaging. The effect of camera motion from a video stream leads to improper diagnosis in case of medical video processing. Hence, video stabilization technique enables the video stream to generate a stabilized video. Compression also plays a very vital role in the field of clinical and image analysis, since it carries massive information thereby reducing the file size. To further ensure effectiveness in diagnosis, a video stabilization is performed before compression. The results proved that the proposed methodology offered a substantial increase in the quality of video by 1.25 dB peak-signal-to-noise ratio and 0.06 structural similarity index.
KeywordsVideo stabilization Medical video compression Intra-frame Predictive frame Bidirectional frame Group of pictures (GoP)
We sincerely thank Karunya Institute of technology and sciences for providing us with all the infrastructure and research facilities.
- 1.Rawat P, Singhai J (2011) Review of motion estimation and video stabilization techniques for hand held mobile video. Signal Image Process Int J (SIPIJ) 2(2)Google Scholar
- 2.Tico M, Vehvilainen M (2007) Robust method of video stabilization. In: 15th European signal processing conference (EUSIPCO 2007), Poznan, Poland, 3–7 Sept 2007Google Scholar
- 3.Kulkarni S, Bormane DS, Nalbalwar SL (2017) Video stabilization using feature point matching. J Phys Conf Ser 787:012017Google Scholar
- 4.Chang H-C, Lai S-H, Lu K-R (2004) Robust and efficient video stabilization algorithm. 0-7803-8603-5/04/$20.00 ©2004 IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 5.Somasekhar Reddy K, Lokesha H, Akhila S (2014) A survey on video stabilization algorithms. Int J Adv Inf Sci Technol (IJAIST) 31(31). ISSN: 2319:2682Google Scholar
- 7.Raveena Judie Dolly D, Josemin Bala G, Dinesh Peter J (2017) A hybrid tactic model intended for video compression using global affine motion and local free-form transformation parameters. 1–15Google Scholar
- 8.Kulkarni SM, Bormane DS, Nalbalwar SL (2014) Coding of video sequences using block matching motion estimation three step search algorithms. Int J Innov Res Electr Electron Instrum Control Eng 2(6):651–1655Google Scholar
- 9.Sriram B, Eswar Reddy M, Subha Varier G (2013) Study of various motion estimation algorithms for video compression/coding standards & implementation of an optimal algorithm in LabVIEW. Int J Emerg Technol Adv Eng 3(4):372–381Google Scholar
- 10.Jain R, Baraskar T (2014) The comparative analysis of various approaches used in motion estimation. Int J Adv Found Res Comput (IJAFRC) 1(12):1–9Google Scholar