An Improved Method of Cache Prefetching for Small Files in Ceph System
To improve the inefficiency of file access for massive small files in the distributed file system, prefetching the small files into the cache is the most conventional method to be adopted. As the number of cached files is proportional to time, there will be many redundant small files which occupy the cache space and haven’t been read for a long time, the hit ratio will be decreased in this situation. To solve this defect, we proposed an improved LRU-W algorithm based on the file read times and the time interval of file read and designed a L2 cache optimization mechanism which can search file in the linked list with higher priority firstly and remove the files with lighter weight factor from the linked list with lower priority dynamically. The experiments and its result show that when prefetching massive small files, the proposed method in this paper can increase the hit ratio of cached files and improve the overall performance of Ceph file system.
KeywordsMassive small files Ceph LRU-W L2 cache
This work is partly supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 61662018, 61861013), the Project of Science and Technology of Guangxi (No. 1598019-2), Foundation of Guilin University of Technology (No. GUTQDJJ20172000019).
- 1.Beckmann, N., Sanchez, D.: Modeling cache performance beyond LRU. In: IEEE International Symposium on High PERFORMANCE Computer Architecture, pp. 225–236. IEEE Computer Society (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Ding, J., Wang, Y., Wang, S., et al.: Design and implementation of high efficiency acquisition mechanism for broadcast audio material. In: IEEE/ACIS, International Conference on Computer and Information Science, pp. 667–670. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Huang, X.Y., Zhong, Y.Q.: Web cache replacement algorithm based on multi-markov chains prediction model. Microelectron. Comput. 5, 123–125 (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, W.: Research on Web Cache and Prefetching Model Based on Access Path Mining. Southwest Jiaotong University (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Jing, C., Wang, M., An, P.C., et al.: 3D model prefetching system based on neural network. Comput. Appl. Softw. 32(7), 182–185 (2015)Google Scholar