Digital Audio Watermarking Method Based on Singular Spectrum Analysis with Automatic Parameter Estimation Using a Convolutional Neural Network
This paper proposes an audio watermarking method based on the singular-spectrum analysis (SSA) incorporating with a convolutional neural network (CNN) for parameter estimation. A watermark is embedded into an audio signal by modifying some part of its singular spectrum according to an embedding rule. Such a modified part affects both the robustness of the scheme and sound quality of watermarked signals, and it should be determined appropriately in order to balance the robustness and sound quality. In our previous work, we used a method based on a differential evolution (DE) algorithm to estimate the suitable part. However, it is a time-consuming approach. Therefore, in this work, we replace it with a CNN approach. A dataset used to train the CNN is constructed based on the DE. Experimental results show that the computational time is considerably reduced by 96,923 times. The average bit-error rate is 0.07 when there is no attack, and the sound quality of watermarked signals satisfies three objective evaluation metrics. Also, the proposed scheme could blindly extract the watermark due to the time efficiency of the CNN-based method.
KeywordsAutomatic parameter estimation Differential evolution Singular spectrum analysis Convolutional neural networks Audio watermarking
This work was supported under a grant in the SIIT-JAIST-NSTDA Dual Doctoral Degree Program. It was also supported by the Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B) (No.17H01761) and I-O DATA foundation.
- 1.Craver, S., Min, W., Bede, L.: What can we reasonably expect from watermarks? In: 2001 IEEE Workshop on the Applications of Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics, pp. 223–225. IEEE (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Cvejic, N., Seppänen, T.: Introduction to digital audio watermarking. In: Digital Audio Watermarking Techniques and Technologies: Applications and Benchmarks, pp. 1–10. IGI Global (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Karnjana, J., Aimmanee, P., Unoki, M., Wutiwiwatchai, C.: An audio watermarking scheme based on automatic parameterized singular-spectrum analysis using differential evolution. In: Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference (APSIPA), pp. 543–551. Asia-Pacific (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Maha, C., Maher, E., Chokri, B.A.: A blind audio watermarking scheme based on neural network and psychoacoustic model with error correcting code in wavelet domain. In: 3rd International Symposium on Communications, Control and Signal Processing, ISCCSP 2008, pp. 1138–1143 (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Maha, C., Maher, E., Mohamed, K., Chokri, B.A.: DCT based blind audio watermarking scheme. In: Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference on Signal Processing and Multimedia Applications, pp. 139–144 (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.RWC database. https://staff.aist.go.jp/m.goto/RWC-MDB/. Accessed 18 July 2018