The Development of Display Interface for Automatic Identification System and Digital Selective Calling System
Due to Digital Selective Calling (DSC) under Global Marine Distress and Safety System (GMDSS), the existing software and equipment need to rely on foreign manufacturers. The maintenance cost is high, and the existing display interface of the software can only indicate the information of the vessels in distress by text message. In order to improve above-mentioned shortcoming. The Automatic Identification System (AIS) and DSC real-time information integration system was constructed. Through the customized system, the operators in the coast station can understand the vessels in distress and the relevant surrounding information of the vessels at the first time and thus shorten the emergency response time.
KeywordsDigital Selective Calling (DSC) Automatic Identification System (AIS) System integration
- 1.Maritime Safety Committee: International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS). International Maritime Organization (1974)Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, Y.W.: A Study of the Fishing Vessels Communication in Taiwan. Cheng Shiu University, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.International Telecommunication Union: Recommendation ITU-R M.541-10, Operational procedures for the use of digital selective-calling equipment in the maritime mobile serviceGoogle Scholar
- 4.International Telecommunication Union: Recommendation ITU-R M.585-7, Assignment and use of identities in the maritime mobile serviceGoogle Scholar
- 5.Data Source: https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML