Research and Implementation of Fuzzy Control Method of UAV Formation with Ad Hoc Network
In order to solve the communication problems between clusters as well as achieve the goal of the high-precision flying of UAV clusters, a UAV formation realization using ad hoc network and fuzzy control technology was proposed. Firstly, Zigbee communication technology is used to set up an ad hoc network communication system that can achieve automatic networking, automatic routing, and dynamic maintenance. The custom data encoding format and specific complete encoding and decoding process are used to ensure the efficiency of ad hoc communication networks and the reliability of information transmission. By processing the GPS information of the cluster, the relative position information of the UAV in the cluster is solved. Then, the mathematical model of the formation of “leader-wingman” pattern was built. The formation navigation algorithm was designed to convert the relative position information of UAVs into three-dimensional position information under the mathematical model. Finally, the fuzzy PID controller is used to obtain three-dimensional position information in order to calculate the control volume on the three-dimensional coordinates of the rigid body of the machine body for achieving the high-precision fleet control variable of the formation of the UAV cluster.
KeywordsUAV Cluster formation Ad hoc network Fuzzy control
This work was supported by National Nature Science Foundation of China (NSFC) under Grants 61671356, 61201290.
- 1.Gupte, S., Mohandas, P.I.T., Conrad, J.M.: A survey of quadrotor unmanned aerial vehicles. In: Proceedings of IEEE, Southeastcon 2012, pp. 1–6. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Brandao, A.S., Barbosa, J.P.A., Mendoza, V., et al.: A multi-layer control scheme for a centralized UAV formation. In: International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems, pp. 1181–1187. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Wan, J., Ai, J.-L.: Design and simulation of fuzzy control system of UAV formation flight. J. Syst. Simul. 21(13), 4183–4185 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Lu, W., Yang, Y.: Data acquisition ad hoc network system based on wireless sensor. Multimedia Tools Appl. 6, 1–12 (2018)Google Scholar
- 6.Li, Y., Li, B., Sun, Z., et al.: Close formation flight control of multi-UAVs via fuzzy logic technique (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Yuan, J.B., Yang, F., Zhang, G.Y., et al.: A navigation method and its simulation for UAV formation flight. Comput. Simul. 28(11), 64–67 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, S.J., Cheng, Y.M., Zhang, G.Y.: New method for improving geodesic navigation accuracy in collabor formation flight of UAV. Fire Control Command Control (2013)Google Scholar