3D Circular Embedded Antenna Mounted on Coaxial Feeding for Future Wideband Applications
This paper presents the simulation analysis of three dimensional circular embedded patch antenna mounted on coaxial cable for wideband applications. The proposed antenna design is constructed from taking a basic square substrate with ground at lower side which is fed by a cylindrical strip coaxial cable feed line satisfying the 50 Ω requirement. Two vertically symmetrical cylinder of equal diameter with perpendicular to each other are mounted on feed line; which acts as a radiator. High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS) is used to analyze the critical parameters and simulation results on the reflection coefficient/return loss, VSWR (voltage standing wave ratio), H-plane, E-plane, gain and radiation pattern of the proposed antenna at various frequencies. The antenna has ability to achieve the frequency range of 3.3–30 GHz along with 160%, 9.09:1 fractional bandwidth and bandwidth ratio (BWR), respectively.
Keywords3D antenna Bandwidth ratio (BWR) Coaxial cable High peak gain
This research was supported by the MSIP (Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning), Korea, under the Global IT Talent Information and Communication Technology (IITP-2017-0-01658) supervised by the IITP (Institute for information and Communication Technology promotion) and partially by the Human Resource Training Program for Regional Innovation and Creativity through the Ministry of Education and National Research Foundation of Korea (2015H1C1A1035855).
- 7.Nadeem, I., Kim, Y.J.: Design of ultra-wide band antenna with compact MCR structure for BW enhancement. J. Korean Inst. Commun. Sci. 42, 798–805 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Nadeem, I., Shrestha, S., Kim, S.W., Han, S.J., Choi, D.Y.: Design of slotted UWB antenna with modified ground plane for bio medical applications. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Electronics, Information and Communication, Thailand, pp. 621–624 (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Canelón, E.E.L., López, A.G., Chandra, R., Johansson, A.J.: 3D printed miniaturized UWB antenna for wireless body area network. In: IEEE 8th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), pp. 3090–3093 (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Ghazali, M.I.M., Gutierrez, E., Myers, J.C., Kaur, A., Wright, B., Chahal, P.: Affordable 3D printed microwave antennas. In: IEEE 65th Electronic Components and Technology Conference (ECTC), pp. 240–246 (2015)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhu, S., Ghazaany, T.S., Abd-Alhaeed, R.A., Jones, S.M., Noras, J., Suggett, T., Marker, S.: Miniaturized tunable conical helix antenna. In: IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium (RWS), pp. 100–102 (2014)Google Scholar