Big Data Concept in Small and Medium Enterprises: How Big Data Effects Productivity
The topic of data mining is a popular subject, especially nowadays. Data mining is a process which accesses the information among large-scale data and mine the knowledge. The most widespread use in the literature is to process large amounts of data automatically or semi-automatically to find meaningful patterns. Depending on the pace of the spread of Internet usage, digital media takes the place of traditional media, so the number of textual forms in digital media is increasing day by day. For this reason, text mining techniques should be used for text review. Such as text mining, data mining, machine learning technologies are related to the big data concept, and these technologies are used for increasing productivity in too many areas. According to the analysis in the United Kingdom and the United States, companies adopting decision-making based on data have been observed to be 5–10% higher in output and productivity than firms using only information technology components such as software products. So, even if small and medium enterprises can adopt these technologies in their life cycle can gain more productivity and economic profit in their areas.
KeywordsBig data Text mining Recommendation systems Economic impact of big data
- Akın, A. A., & Akın, M. D. (2007). Zemberek, an open source NLP framework for Turkic languages.Google Scholar
- An, M. (2016). The future of content marketing: How people are changing the way they read, interact and engage with content.Google Scholar
- Arumugam, B., Sowmiyaa, D., & Meticuluos, A. (2016). Study on text mining techniques.Google Scholar
- Baeza, R., & Ribeiro-Neto, B. (1999). Modern information retrieval (1st ed.). New York Press.Google Scholar
- Bakhshi, H., Biosca, A. B., & Garcia, J. M. (2014). Inside the datavores: Estimating the effect of data and online analytics on firm performance. Nesta. Retrieved from www.nesta.org.uk/sites/default/files/inside_the_datavores_technical_report.pdf.
- Bard, V. G. (2007). Spelling-error tolerant, order-independent pass-phrases via the Damerau-Levenshtein string-edit distance metric.Google Scholar
- Brynjolfsson, E., & Kim, H. (2011). Strength in numbers: How does data-driven decisionmaking affect firm performance? In Social Science Research Network. Retrieved from https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1819486.
- Çöltekin, Ç. (2010). A freely available morphological analyzer for Turkish. In 7th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC2010), Valetta Malta.Google Scholar
- Dueck, D. (2009). Affinity propagation: Clustering by passing messages. Retrieved from www.psi.toronto.edu/affinitypropagation/FreyDueckScience07.pdf.
- Fung, B. C. M., Ke, W., & Martin, E. (2003). Hierarchical document clustering using frequent itemsets. In Proceedings of the 2003 SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (Vol. 9, No. 2). Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.Google Scholar
- ITIF. (2014). Digital drag: Ranking 125 nations by taxes and tariffs on ICT goods and services. ITIF.Google Scholar
- Jannach, D. (2004). Preference-based treatment of empty result sets in product finders and knowledge-based recommenders. In Poster Proceedings of the 27th Annual German Conference on Artificial Intelligence (pp. 145–159).Google Scholar
- Kanakalakshimi, C., & Chezian, R. M. (2015). A concise study on text mining for business intelligence.Google Scholar
- Nordas, H. K., & Rouzet, D. (2015). The impact of services trade restrictiveness on trade flows: First estimates. OECD Trade Policy Papers. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/5js6ds9b6kjb-en.
- OECD. (2014). Young SMEs, growth and job creation. Paris: OECD Publishing. Retrieved from http://www.oecd.org/sti/young-SME-growth-and-job-creation.pdf.
- OECD. (2017). OECD digital economy outlook 2017. Paris: OECD.Google Scholar
- Roshani, S. K., & Ranjit, R. K. (2015). Survey on improving text mining using discovery of relevant features by natural language processing.Google Scholar
- Schein, A. I., & Popescul, A. (2002). Methods and metrics for cold-start recommendations. In Proceedings of the 25th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR 2002) (pp. 253–260). ACM.Google Scholar
- Sharma, D. (2012). Stemming algorithms: A comparative study and their analysis. International Journal of Applied Information Systems (IJAIS).Google Scholar
- Vijayarani, S., Ilamathi, J., & Nithya, M. (2015). Preprocessing techniques for text mining—An overview. International Journal of Computer Science & Communication Networks, 5(1), 7–16.Google Scholar
- Vijaymeena, M. K., & Kavitha, K. (2016). A survey on similarity measures in text mining.Google Scholar
- WagStaff, K., & Cardie, C. (2001). Constrained K-means clustering with background knowledge. In Proceedings of the Eighteenth International Conference on Machine Learning (pp. 577–584).Google Scholar
- Xianke, Z., Sai, W., Chun, C., Gang, C., & Shanshan, Y. (2014). Real-time recommendation for microblogs.Google Scholar
- Yıldırım, E., Çetin, F. S., Eryiğit, G., & Temel, T. (2014). The impact of NLP on Turkish sentiment analysis. Turkish Informatics Foundation Computer Science and Engineering Journal (Türkiye Bilişim Vakfı Bilgisayar Bilimleri ve Mühendisliği Dergisi) (Special Issue on NLP Proceedings of TURKLANG 2014), 8(8).Google Scholar
- Zhang, Z., Zhou, T., & Zhang, Y. (2009). Personalized recommendation via integrated diffusion on user-item-tag tripartite graphs.Google Scholar