The Optimization of Aggregate Production Planning Under Fuzzy Environment: An Application From Beverage Industry
Aggregate production planning (APP) can be considered as a great picture of the planning process. Rather than focusing on individual products or services, APP focuses on total or collective capacity. Therefore, it has a very important place in production and operation management functions. In the literature, different kind of methods has been proposed for the solution of APP problems. In some situations where the cost and demand parameters cannot be defined as crisp values due to the environment of the problems, fuzzy logic is used to handle the imprecise data. This paper provides a fuzzy optimization approach for aggregate production planning problems. After given information about fuzzy linear programming and solution approaches, a case study in a beverage industry is carried out. The results are analyzed using different a-cut values.
KeywordsFuzzy linear programming Aggregate production planning Fuzzy logic
- Baskak, M., & Tanyaş, M. (2013). Üretim planlama kontrol. İstanbul: İrfan Yayınları.Google Scholar
- Gallego, G. (2001). Aggregate production planning. Columbia University lecture note, IEOR 4000: Production management, Lecture 5.Google Scholar
- Karaatlı, M., Ömürbek, N., & Yılmaz, H. (2014). Mobilya Sektöründe Bulanık Doğrusal Programlama Tekniği ile Üretim Planlaması Uygulaması. Uluslararası Yönetim İktisat ve İşletme Dergisi, pp. 95–118.Google Scholar
- Tuş, A. (2006). Bulanık Doğrusal Programlama ve Bir Üretim Planlamasında Uygulama Örneği. Denizli: Pamukkale Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü.Google Scholar
- Zadeh, L. A. (1965). Fuzzy logic and its applications. New York, NY, USA.Google Scholar