Exploration and Implementation of Classification Algorithms for Patent Classification
The number of patent documents being filed every year is increasing at a rapid rate which demands for advanced and revolutionized tools to assist in patent mining activities such as Analysis, Detecting Infringements, Classification, etc. Among these activities, one of the prominent one is Classification. It aids flexible management and easy maintenance. Also favors fast and convenient searching. This paper makes an effort of exploration and implementation of certain classification algorithms and provides statistics of results on comparison.
KeywordsPatent classification Classification algorithms Vector Naive Bayes Bag of Words Support vector machine TFIDF
- 3.Sumathy, K.L., Chidambram, M.: Text mining: concepts, applications, tools and ıssues–an overview. Int. J. Comput. Appl. 80(4), 29–32 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Dasari, D.B., Venu Gopala Rao, K.: Text categorization and machine learning methods: current state of the art. Glob. J. Comput. Sci. Technol. Softw. Data Eng. 12(11) (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Hanbury, A., Bhatti, N., Lupu, M., Morzinger, R.: Patent image retrieval: a survey. In: Proceedings of the 4th ACM Workshop on Patent Information Retrieval, pp. 3–8 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Shiu, M.J., Liu, D.R.: Patent classification using ontology-based patent network analysis. In: Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, Taiwan, pp. 962–972 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Vidhya, K.A., Aghila, G.: A survey of Naïve Bayes machine learning approach in text document classification. IJCSIS 7(2), 206–211 (2010)Google Scholar