Efficient and Secure Keying Mechanism for Communication in Sensor Networks
Now a days the wireless sensor technologies are mostly being used in a typical application areas including environmental, defence, medical, military and commercial enterprises. In upcoming years, wireless sensor networks will integrate more tiny sensors into a variety of application scenarios like cyber physical systems, IoT etc. The security of sensor networks is an important constraint for the healthy operations of overall system in untrusted areas as these entities may disturb the proper functioning of applications by injecting wrong data into sensor networks. One way to address this issue is to provide more security to sensor nodes and encrypt the communication among them. This paper presents methodology to design attack-aware efficient secure keying mechanism that provides secure data transmission from one sensor node to another.
KeywordsEnergy Network Node Security Sensor Wireless
I would like to express my sincere gratitude towards my research supervisor, Dr. Devendra Chaudhari, Professor, Research Centre for Computer Science and Engineering, Government College of Engineering, Amravati, for giving me the opportunity to do research and providing invaluable guidance throughout this research. His dynamism, vision, sincerity and motivation have deeply inspired me. He has taught me the research methodology for presenting the research work as clearly as possible.
- 1.Luk, M., Mezzour, G., Perrig, A., Gligor, V.: Minisec: a secure sensor network communication architecture. In: 6th International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN), pp. 479–488, April 2007Google Scholar
- 2.Ye, F., Luo, H., Lu, S., Zhang, L.: Statistical en-route filtering of injected false data in sensor networks. IEEE JSAC 23(4), 839–850 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Kraub, C., Schneider, M., Bayarou, K., Eckert, C.: STEF: a secure ticket-based en-route filtering scheme for wireless sensor networks. In: The 2nd International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES), pp. 310–317, April 2007Google Scholar
- 4.Hou, H., Corbett, C., Li, Y., Beyah, R.: Dynamic energy-based encoding and filtering in sensor networks. In: Proceedings of the IEEE MILCOM, October 2007Google Scholar
- 8.Zhu, S., Setia, S., Jajodia, S., Ning, P.: An interleaved hop-by-hop authentication scheme for filtering of injected false data in sensor networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Yu, Z., Guan, Y.: A dynamic en-route scheme for filtering false data injection in wireless sensor networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 1–12, April 2006Google Scholar
- 12.Zheng, L., Zhang, K., Zhang, D.: An energy efficient dynamic address encoding scheme for wireless sensor network. Int. J. Distrib. Sens. Netw. (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Luo, W., Ma, W., Gao, Q.: A dynamic trust management system for wireless sensor networks. Wiley Online Library, 16 November 2015Google Scholar