Design of an Integrated System for Monitoring Weather and Traffic Based on Internet of Things
The evolution of man into the world of his own making has increased the share of road accidents. These accidents not only cause deaths but also slow down the movement of traffic, leading to slowing down of man’s planned schedule. There are many reasons affecting the traffic, let it be poor management of road, lack of knowledge on traffic rules and weather being one of the reasons in a direct or an indirect way. The main aim is to design and implement a simple, inexpensive and reliable wireless traffic and weather monitoring system. The microcontroller reads the sensed data and forwards it to the twitter page automatically with a certain delay for the display. The system has lesser complexity of development, better accuracy and is flexible with good feasibility.
KeywordsInternet of Things Traffic and weather monitoring systems Embedded systems WSN RFID
This project proposed has been approved and funded by the Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology under the Student Project Programme: 39TH Series.
- 1.Traffic Congestion and Reliability, FHWA (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Tejaswini Roy, C., Sri Lakshmi, D., Anirudh Kumar, G., Vishwas, H.N.: Smart environment using IoT. In: 2017 International Conference On Smart Technologies for Smart Nation (SmartTechCon) (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Kodire, V., Bhaskaran, S., Vishwas, H.N.: GPS and ZigBee Based Traffic Signal Preemption. In: ICICT (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Reshma, R., Ramesh, T., Satish Kumar, P.: Security situational aware intelligent road traffic monitoring using UAVs. In: VLSI–SATA (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Kanungo, A., Sharma, A., Singla, C.: Smart traffic lights switching and traffic density calculation using video processing. In: IEEE International Conference on Engineering and Computational Sciences (RAECS) (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Soe, L.N., Lwin, K.S., Tun, H.M.: Implementation of microcontroller based sensing unit in transmitter for wireless weather station. Int. J. Sci. Eng. Technol. Res. (IJSETR) 3(6) (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Aarthi, R., Arunkumar, C., Rajesh Kannan, M.: Automatic isolation and classification of vehicles in a traffic video. In: Proceedings of the 2011 World Congress on Information and Communication Technologies, WICT 2011, Mumbai, pp. 357–361 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Shi, C., Chen, A.H., Yang, B.Q., Zhao, H.J.: Design of high-precision ultrasonic ranging system based on C8051F020. Mod. Electron. Tech. 16, 006 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Ruan, X., Li, W.: Ultrasonic sensor based two-wheeled self-balancing robot obstacle avoidance control system. In: 2014 IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation (ICMA), pp. 896–900. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar