Latest Research Trends and Challenges of Computational Intelligence Using Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Reality
The latest technological innovations have not only improved the effectiveness of the solutions for real-world problems but have also transformed the way by which the solutions are provided. The ability of artificial intelligence to provide accurate and effective automated solutions has made automated collaborators the best choice for applications ranging from marketing to medicine. The power of artificial intelligence is that it simplifies and overcomes the problems of unlimited computing, networking, and space capacity of today’s standards using data analytics, sophisticated processing, and computational intelligence. With augmented reality (AR), the possibilities of solutions provided are mature, versatile, and literally endless. It changes the way of interaction with the external world. It allows overlying images, videos, and other digital information in a real-world physical environment and thus provides a whole new world of experience to demanding prospects, customers, and end users. This book chapter is aimed at discussing the potential applications, research trends, avenues, challenges, and future prospects of artificial intelligence and AR.
KeywordsAugmented reality Artificial intelligence Applications Challenges Research trends Future prospects
- Augment. (2017). The 3 biggest challenges for augmented reality. In: AR News. Available via DIALOG. http://www.augment.com/blog/3-biggest-challenges-for-augmented-reality/. Accessed 10 May 2018.
- Augmented Reality. (n.d.-a). In: Augmented reality. Available via DIALOG. http://aboutaugmentedreality.blogspot.in/p/limitations-of-ar.html. Accessed 3 May 2018.
- Augmented Reality. (n.d.-b). In: Technology: Cyber physical systems. Available via DIALOG. http://government-2020.dupress.com/driver/augmented-reality/. Accessed 3 May 2018.
- Augmented reality in business applications. (2016). In: Technology. Available via DIALOG. https://www.goodworklabs.com/augmented-reality-in-business-applications/. Accessed 1 May 2018.
- Augmented reality in healthcare market 2018 trends, sales, supply, demand and regional analysis by forecast to 2023. (2018). In: Press release. Available via DIALOG. http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/3757651 Accessed 3 May 2018.
- Augmented reality to shape the future of finance. (2018). In: News. Available via DIALOG. https://ar-vr.cioreview.com/news/augmented-reality-to-shape-the-future-of-finance-nid-26059-cid-135.html Accessed 3 May 2018.
- Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and eSports: The Buzzwords of Gaming Industry where the Future Lies. (2018). In: Insights success. https://www.insightssuccess.com/augmented-reality-virtual-reality-esports-buzzwords-gaming-industry-future-lies/. Accessed 15 May 2018.
- Brief history of augmented reality. (2018). In: Business solutions. Available via DIALOG. https://www.igreet.co/brief-history-of-augmented-reality/. Accessed 15 May 2018.
- Bryksin, G.. (2017). How augmented reality makes advertising interactive. In: For clients. Available via DIALOG. https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-clients/biggest-challenges-augmented-reality/. Accessed 15 May 2018.
- Busel, M. (2017). The 6 biggest challenges facing augmented reality- A look at the biggest risk factors for near term AR adoption. In: The mission. Available via DIALOG. https://medium.com/the-mission/the-6-biggest-challenges-facing-augmented-reality-8d48c470286d. Accessed 15 May 2018.
- Caudell, T., & Mizell, D. (1992). Augmented reality: An application of heads-up display technology to manual manufacturing processes. In Proceedings of the Twenty-Fifth Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Hawaai.Google Scholar
- Caughill, P. (2018). Google is bringing augmented reality functionality to chrome. In: News. Available via DIALOG. https://futurism.com/google-bringing-augmented-reality-functionality-chrome/. Accessed 15 May 2018.
- Chen, T. Y. H., et al. (2015). Glimpse: Continuous, real-time object recognition on mobile devices. In 13th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys), Seoul, Republic of Korea.Google Scholar
- Corps, R. (2017). A brief history of augmented reality. In: Adsreality. Available via DIALOG. http://adsreality.com/history-of-augmented-reality-infographic/. Accessed 20 May 2018.
- Dangelo, M. (2018). Augmented reality check: Why businesses are embracing AR in 2018. In: Technology. Available via DIALOG. https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/9245-augmented-reality-for-business.html. Accessed 15 May 2018.
- Different types of augmented reality. (2007). In: Different types of augmented reality. Available via DIALOG. https://www.digit.in/technology-guides/fasttrack-to-augmented-reality/different-types-of-augmented-reality.html. Accessed 15 May 2018.
- Early adopters of visual, voice-search in websites will increase digital revenues by 30%: Report. (2017). In: Companies News. Available via DIALOG. http://www.zeebiz.com/companies/news-early-adopters-of-visual-voice-search-in-websites-will-increase-digital-revenues-by-30-report-26899. Accessed 25 May 2018.
- Facebook messenger will use augmented reality for buyers to view products in marketplace. (2018). In: Technology technews. Available via DIALOG. https://www.businesstoday.in/technology/news/facebook-messenger-augmented-reality-products-marketplace/story/276052.html. Accessed 10 May 2018.
- History of Augmented Reality. (2017). In: Invisible toys. Available via DIALOG. https://invisible.toys/history-of-augmented-reality/. Accessed 10 May 2018.
- Jain, P., et al. (2015). Overlay: Practical mobile augmented reality. In Proceedings of MobiSys, Florence, Italy.Google Scholar
- Joshi, N. (2018a). Augmented reality trends in 2018. In: Technology. Available via DIALOG. https://www.allerin.com/blog/augmented-reality-trends-in-2018. Accessed 10 May 2018.
- Joshi, N. (2018b). 5 Most stunning real-world applications of augmented reality. In: Technology. Available via DIALOG. https://www.bbntimes.com/en/technology/5-most-stunning-real-world-applications-of-augmented-reality. Accessed 10 May 2018.
- Lebeck, K., et al. (2016). How to safely augment reality: Challenges and directions. In Proceedings of the 17th International Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications (pp. 45–50). ACM.Google Scholar
- Leichman, A. K. (2018). 8 ways augmented and virtual reality are changing medicine. In: #The Future is Here. Available via DIALOG. https://www.israel21c.org/8-ways-augmented-and-virtual-reality-are-changing-medicine/. Accessed 20 May 2018.
- Levski, Y. (2017). AR and healthcare: The future is now. In: Augmented reality. Available via DIALOG. https://appreal-vr.com/blog/augmented-reality-for-healthcare/. Accessed 20 May 2018.
- Medal, A. (2018). 3 Big augmented reality trends to watch this year. Available via DIALOGUE https://www.inc.com/andrew-medal/augmented-reality-wearables-are-about-to-go-mainstream-if-they-can-do-these-3-things.html. Accessed 7 May 2018.
- Sage, M. (2018). The status of the enterprise augmented reality ecosystem. In: AR news, members. Available via DIALOG. http://thearea.org/ar-news/status-enterprise-augmented-reality-ecosystem/. Accessed 20 May 2018.
- Solutions to top 5 augmented reality challenges and problems. (2018). In: newgenapps. Available via DIALOG. https://www.newgenapps.com/blog/solutionstop-5-augmented-reality-challenges-development. Accessed 20 May 2018.
- Zlatanova, S. (2002). Augmented reality technology. GISt Report, 17, 1–76.Google Scholar