Linux-Based Elevator Control System
This proposed system is elaborated for designing an elevator of normal working and includes features that automatically work on some emergency situations like fire identification in the building (FID), earthquake (EQK), and also water flow detection in the building accurately with a platform-free development environment. On the basis of encoder pulse provided from the JGA25–370, a DC geared motor with quadrature encoder’s step signals provided in two different channels, the direction and the floor leveling can be identified. It includes STM8S103F3, an ARM minimum system development board, as the stand-alone microcontroller for this project as the direction of the elevator body (CAR) can be controlled by in-CAR operating panel (COP) which includes CAR call push buttons with the help of Small Device C Compiler in Ubuntu 16.04. This brings an IDE less and more reliable programming area that can be self-made according to product specification and also N-floored building using No Cabinet (NC) elevator that uses no landing calls.
KeywordsFID EQK CAR COP NC JGA25–370 a DC geared motor with encoder Encoder pulse STM8S103F3 Small Device C Compiler for N floor
- Abbasi, H. I., & Siddiqui, A. J. (2011, Implementation of smart elevator system based on wireless multi-hop Ad Hoc sensor networks. https://doi.org/10.1109/NESEA.2011.6144930. 978-1-4673-0498-6/15.
- Abdulla, A. A, & Hui Liu. (2016). An automated elevator management and multi-floor estimation for indoor mobile robot transportation based on a pressure sensor. International Conference on Mechatronics - Mechatronika (ME), Prague, pp. 1–7.Google Scholar
- Becker, A. (2007). Microcontroller based elevator controlling system. Hungary IEEE conference of 30th ISSE, Budapest. https://doi.org/10.1109/isse.2007.44328982007.
- Behre, P., & Nema, V. (2013). IEEE, congestion-free elevator control using microcontroller. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 4(1). ISSN 2229-5518.Google Scholar
- Cheng Jing., & Guo-jun Zhao. (2014). Design and implementation of an elevator wireless adjustment system, 978–1–firstname.lastname@example.org I.E. ICSI: 2nd international conference on systems and informatics.Google Scholar
- Guo Minghai., & Zhang Senhua. (2017). IEEE ThP3.10, design of software structure for a novel pole mounted switch controller based on embedded linux. The 12th international conference on computer science & education Aug,. University of Houston. 978–1–5090-2508-4/17/$31.00,USA 2017.Google Scholar
- Huseinbegovic, S., Kreso, S., & Tanovic, O. (2009). Design and implementation of the .CAN based elevator control system. IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICAT.2009.5348404. 978-1-4244-4221-8/09, 2009.
- Ibtihel, J., & Charaabi, L. (2016). A closed loop DC motor control using low cost single-board microcontroller based on embedded Linux. IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/CISTEM.2016.80668002016.
- Jian Chu., & Qing Lu. (2012). Research on elevator intelligent-card control system based on CAN bus. IEEE international conference on systems and informatics. 978–1–4673-0199-2/12.Google Scholar
- Lei Jun., & Luo Min. (2013). Development of elevator intelligent safety control system based on PLC. IEEE international conference on computational and information sciences. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCIS.2013.513.
- Qabazard, M. H., & Roza, A. S. M. (2014). IOSR, Microcontroller based elevator conservation system to reduce energy consumption. in Magnetism. IEEE. Vol 9, pp. 2278–1676, ISSN: 2320–3331, IOSR-2014.Google Scholar
- Saari, M., & Baharudin, A. M. (2016). Embedded linux controlled sensor network MIPRO.Google Scholar
- Savant, B. N., & Deshmukh, S. M. (2016). Thread execution on embedded processor - ARM9 core in embedded linux environment. IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCUBEA.2016.7860109.
- Yang Li., & Yunliang Wang. (2015). Design of control system of Smart Home based on embedded Linux. ICISMME, International conference on information sciences, machinery, materials and energy in china, Published by Atlantis press.Google Scholar