This second chapter is devoted to present general notions about treelike structures. We present more precisely the ones appearing in the algebraic and combinatorial context of nonsymmetric operads. Rewrite systems of syntax trees are exposed, as well as methods to prove their termination and their confluence.
- [BD16]M.R. Bremner, V. Dotsenko, Algebraic Operads: An Algorithmic Companion (Chapman and Hall/CRC, London/Boca Raton, 2016), pp. xvii+365Google Scholar
- [CCG18]C. Chenavier, C. Cordero, S. Giraudo, Generalizations of the associative operad and convergent rewrite systems. Higher Dimens. Rewriting Algebra (2018). https://doi.org/10.29007/mfnh
- [Cha08]F. Chapoton, Operads and algebraic combinatorics of trees. Sém. Lothar. Combin. B58c, 27 (2008)Google Scholar
- [Knu97]D. Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming. Fundamental Algorithms, 3rd edn., vol. 1 (Addison Wesley Longman, Boston, 1997), pp. xx+650Google Scholar
- [Knu98]D. Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming. Sorting and Searching, vol. 3 (Addison Wesley Longman, Boston, 1998), pp. xiv+780Google Scholar
- [NT13]J.-C. Novelli, J.-Y. Thibon, Duplicial algebras and Lagrange inversion (2013). arXiv:1209.5959v2
- [Slo]N.J.A. Sloane, The on-line encyclopedia of integer sequences (1996). https://oeis.org/