An Experimental Study on Relationship Between Intellectual Concentration and Personal Mental Characteristics
As a proposal of new diagnosis for mental diseases, this study focused on the relationship between intellectual concentration and personal mental characteristics. It is expected that the measurement of concentration characteristics may help the diagnosis of the mental disorders because the mental characteristics such as psychiatric disease, developmental disorder and behavioral feature are supposed to be closely related to their mental activity such as concentration. When analyzing the relationship, the characteristics of concentration are expressed as 36 feature values by analyzing answering time distribution of cognitive task, and the values of concentration were compressed to 5 main factors by principal component analysis. Then the combination of the factors and one of 36 parameters of mental characteristics were given to a decision tree analysis tool.
KeywordsIntellectual concentration Mental characteristics Decision tree analysis
This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number JP17H01777.
- 1.Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare: Measures for Mental Health Depression. http://www.mhlw.go.jp/kokoro/nation/dyp.html
- 3.Miyagi, K., Kawano, S., Ishii, H., Shimoda, H.: Improvement and evaluation of intellectual productivity model based on work state transition. In: 2012 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 1491–1496 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Uchiyama, K., Ooishi, K., Miyagi, K., Ishii, H., Shimoda, H.: Process of evaluation index of intellectual productivity based on work concentration. In: Proceedings of ICSTE (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Ueda, K., Shimonaka, S., Shimoda, H., Ishii, H., Obayashi, F.: Quantitative evaluation of intellectual productivity considering depth of concentration. In: 2017 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 758–763 (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Ueda, K., Shimoda, H., Ishii, H., Obayashi, F., Taniguchi, K.: Development of a new cognitive task to measure intellectual concentration affected by room environment. In: The Fifth International Conference on Human-Environment System (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Wakabayashi, A.: Guidebook for Autism-Spectrum Quotient Adults’ version in Japan. Sankyobo (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Yagi, T.: Diagnostic Manual of YG Test -Utilization of Personality Survey in Personnel Management. Institute for Psychological Testing, Inc. (1989)Google Scholar
- 11.Nakagawa, Y., Daibo, I.: Guidebook for the General Health Questionnaire in Japan (Augmented Version). Nihon Bunka Kagakusha Co., Ltd. (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Fukunishi, I.: Inspection Guide of Global Scale for Depression. Chiba Test Center Co. Ltd., Japan (2012)Google Scholar