Noninvasive Estimation of Lumbar Intervertebral Disk Load Using Multiple Regression Analysis to Consider the Pelvic Tilt
In this study, a noninvasive method to estimate the load on the lumbar disk is proposed. By using the proposed method to evaluate posture, a system that user himself improves bad posture is provided. The load applied to the lumbar is indirectly estimated from the moment about the lumbar vertebra. Assuming the lumbar vertebrae part as a beam, it should consider three elements, the weight of the upper body, the weight of the heavy objects, and the bending of the lumbar part due to the pelvic tilt. In order to examine the validity of this proposal, multiple regression analysis by a simple model was carried out. As results, the tendencies of the proposed method were qualitatively consistent to the tendencies of the conventional method.
KeywordsLumbar intervertebral disk load Posture improvement Support system Prevention of lumbago
This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Numbers JP15K01660, JP18K11106.
- 1.Andersson, B.J.G., Örtengren, R., Nachemson, A., Elfström, G.: Lumbar disc pressure and myoelectric back muscle activity during sitting, I. Studies on an experimental chair. Scand. J. Rehab. Med. 6, 104–114 (1974)Google Scholar
- 2.Shibata, K., Inoue, Y., Iwata, Y., Katagawa, J., Fujii, R.: Study on noninvasive estimate method for intervertebral disk load at lumbar vertebrae. Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng. 78(791), 2483–2495 (2012). (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 3.Suzuki, Y., Shibata, K., Sonobe, M., Inoue, Y., Satoh, H.: Noninvasive estimation of lumber disk load during motion to improve the posture. In: AHFE 2017, pp. 578–588 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Sasaki, H., Katsuhira, J., Watanabe, H., Saijo, F., Saito, A.: Law back load of caregiver during transfer movement using assistive devices. Jpn. Physical Therapy Assoc. 34(7), 294–301 (2007). (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 6.Ae, M., Tang, H., Yokoi, T.: Estimation of inertia properties of the body segments in Japanese athletes. Soc. Biomechanisms Jpn. 11, 22–33 (1992). (in Japanese)Google Scholar