Learning Bayesian Network Structure for Risky Behavior Modelling
Bayesian Belief Networks (BBN) provide a comprehensible framework for representing complex systems that allows including expert knowledge and statistical data simultaneously. We explored BBN models for estimating risky behavior rate and compared several network structures, both expert-based and data-based. To learn and evaluate models we used generated behavior data with 9393 observations. We applied both score-based and constraint-based structure learning algorithms. The score-based structures represented better quality scores according to BIC and log-likelihood, prediction quality was almost the same for data-based models and lower but sufficient for expert-based models. Hence, in case of limited data we can reduce computations and apply expert-based structure for solving practical issues.
KeywordsBayesian belief network Structure learning Machine learning Behavior models Risky behavior
This work was partially supported by the by RFBR according to the research project No. 16-31-60063 and No. 18-01-00626.
- 6.Margaritis, D.: Learning Bayesian network model structure from data, Ph.D. thesis. Carnegie-Mellon University, School of Computer Science, Pittsburgh (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.R Core Team. R: A language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria (2017). http://www.R-project.org/
- 9.Scutari, M.: Learning Bayesian networks with the bnlearn R package. arXiv preprint arXiv:0908.3817 (2009)
- 13.Suvorova, A.V., Tulupyev, A.L., Sirotkin, A.V.: Bayesian belief networks for risky behavior rate estimates. Nechetkie sistemy i myagkie vychisleniya [Fuzzy Systems and Soft Computing] 9(2), 115–129 (2014)Google Scholar
- 14.Suvorova, A., Tulupyev, A.L.: Evaluation of the model for individual behavior rate estimate: social network data. In: 2016 XIX IEEE International Conference on Soft Computing and Measurements (SCM), pp. 18–20. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 15.Suvorova, A., Tulupyeva, T.: Bayesian belief networks in risky behavior modelling. In: Proceedings of the First International Scientific Conference Intelligent Information Technologies for Industry (IITI 2016), pp. 95–102. Springer (2016)Google Scholar