External Consistency Maintenance Algorithm for Chain and Stellate Structures of Algebraic Bayesian Networks: Statistical Experiments for Running Time Analysis
This article describes an experiment demonstrating the running time of the algorithm for maintainance of external consistency in algebraic Bayesian networks. In the experiment, the stellate and chain structures of algebraic Bayesian networks are compared. The results of the experiment demonstrate the dependency of the algorithm complexity on the number of atoms in the network, as well as on the intersections and in the fragments of knowledge.
KeywordsProbabilistic graphical models Algebraic bayesian networks Knowledge patterns Global probabilistic-logic inference Maintenance of external consistency Statistical experiments
The research was carried out in the framework of the project on state assignment SPIIRAS No. 0073-2018-0001, with the financial support of the RFBR (project № 18-01-00626; project № 18-37-00323).
- 1.Abramov, M.V., Azarov, A.A.: Social engineering attack modeling with the use of Bayesian networks. In: 2016 XIX IEEE International Conference on IEEE Soft Computing and Measurements (SCM), pp. 58–60 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Abramov, M.V., Azarov, A.A.: Social engineering attack modeling with the use of Bayesian networks. Collection of reports of the International Conference on Soft Computing and Measurement (SCM-2016), vol. 1-2. T. 1, St. Petersburg, pp. 71–74 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Kharitonov, N.A., Zolotin, A.A., Tulupyev, A.L.: Software implementation of algebraic Bayesian networks consistency algorithms. In: 2017 XX IEEE International Conference on Soft Computing and Measurements (SCM), 24–26 May 2017, pp. 8–10 (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Tulupyev, A.L., Nikolenko, S.I., Sirotkin, A.V.: Bayesian networks: a probabilistic-logic approach. SPb.: Nauka, p. 607 (2006). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 7.Tulupyev, A.L., Sirotkin, A.V., Nikolenko, S.I.: Bayesian belief networks. SPb.: SPbSU Press, p. 400 (2009). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 8.Tulupyev, A.L., Stolyarov, D.M., Mentyukov, M.V.: A representation for local and global structures of an algebraical Bayesian network in java applications. Tr SPIIRAN 5, 71–99 (2007). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 9.Tulupyev, A.L., Tulupyeva, T.V., Suvorova, A.V., Abramov, M.V., Zolotin, A.A., Zotov, M.A., Azarov, A.A., Malchevskaya, E.A., Levenets, D., Toropova, A.V., Kharitonov, N.A., Birillo, A.I., Solntsev, R.I., Mikoni, S.V., Orlov, S.P., Tolstov, A.V.: Soft calculations and measurements. Models and methods: monograph. In: Prokopchina, S.V. (ed.), vol. III, Moscow, ID. “SCIENTIFIC LIBRARY”, p. 300 (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.Zolotin, A.A., Levenets, D.G., Malchevskaya, E.A., Zotov, M.A., Birillo, A.I., Berezin, A.I., Ivanova, A.V., Tulupyev, A.L.: Algorithms for processing and visualization of algebraic Bayesian networks. Educ. Tech. Soc. 1, 446–457 (2017)Google Scholar