Dynamic Properties of Soft Clay Under Freezing-Thawing Cycle
- 617 Downloads
The problems of land subsidence and deformation caused by freezing-thawing are a major problem in the construction of subway tunnels, and researchers are now focusing on them. This article summarized the research results on the dynamic characteristics of soft clay under freezing-thawing cycles, and analyzed the influencing factors to provide a reference for predicting the settlement of subway tunnels after construction by the freezing method.
KeywordsSoft clay Freezing and thawing cycle Dynamic characteristics Axial strain Pore water pressure
This work was funded by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (2018ZZCX04).
- 1.Wang, X.B., Yang, P.: Experimental study on effects of freezing and thawing on mechanical properties of clay. Chin. J. Geotech. Eng., 1768–1772 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Seed, H.B., Chan, C.K.: Effect of duration of stress application on soil deformation under repeated loading. In: Proceedings of 5th International Congress on Soil Mechanics and Foundations, Paris, pp. 341–345 (1961)Google Scholar
- 3.Larew, H.G., Leonards, G.A.: A repeated load strength criterion. In: The 41st Annual Meeting of the Highway Research Board, Washington, D.C. (1962)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang, Y., Kong, L.W., Li, X.W.: Dynamic backbone curve model of saturated soft clay under cyclic loading. Rock Soil Mech., 1699–1705 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Ling, X., Li, Q., Wang, L., et al.: Stiffness and damping radio evolution of frozen clays under long-term low level repeated cyclic loading: experimental evidence and evolution model. Cold Reg. Sci. Technol., 45–54 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Qi, J., Vermeer, P.A., Cheng, G.: A review of the influence of freeze-thaw cycles on soil geotechnical properties. Permafrost Periglacial Process., 245–252 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Simonsen, E., Janoo, V.C., Isacsson, U.: Resilient properties of unbound road materials during seasonal frost conditions. J. Cold Reg. Eng., 28–50 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Wang, T.L., Liu, J.K., Peng, L.Y.: Study on mechanical properties of cement improved soil under freeze-thaw cycles. China Railway Sci., 7–11 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang, Z.L.: Study on Dynamic Characteristics of Clay Before and After Freezing and Thawing Under Subway Vibration Load. China University of Mining and Technology, Xuzhou (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang, S.Y.: Experimental Study on Dynamic Characteristics and Microstructure of Frozen-Thawed Soil Under Subway Loading. Zhejiang University, Zhejiang (2016)Google Scholar