A Preliminary Study of Models for Manufacturing (MfM) Applied to Incremental Sheet Forming
Models for Manufacturing is a new approach proposed by the authors to apply Model-based Systems Engineering concepts to Manufacturing. The methodology under development is supported by a 3-layer framework (referred to as Data Base and Interfaces, Ontology and Software Tools layers) and simple and easy-to-use software tools. This work presents a preliminary implementation of Models for Manufacturing to SPIF, an innovative incremental sheet forming that makes use of CNC technology and usually requires a numerical study to validate the manufacturing process. The work introduces the proposed methodology and presents the model in development with special emphasis on the Ontology layer.
KeywordsModels for Manufacturing (MfM) Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Ontologies Manufacturing process modelling Single-Point Incremental Forming (SPIF)
The authors would like to thank Ignacio Eguía, Jose Carlos Molina, Andrés Padillo and other Sevilla University colleagues, Julio Ortegón and other Cádiz University colleagues, Rebeca Arista, Tamara Borreguero and other AIRBUS colleagues, for their support and contribution during the development of this work.
- 3.D’Ambrosio, J., Soremekun, G.: Systems engineering challenges and MBSE opportunities for automotive system design. In: 2017 IEEE International Conference on Systems and Cybernetics (SMC), Banff, AB, Canada, p. 2075 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1109/smc.2017.8122925
- 7.Mas, F., Racero, J., Oliva, O., Morales-Palma, D.: A preliminary methodological approach to Models for Manufacturing (MfM). In: Chiabert, P., Bouras, A., Noël, F., Ríos, J. (eds.) PLM 2018. IFIP AICT, vol. 540, pp. 273–283. Springer, Cham (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01614-2_25
- 9.Centeno, G., Morales-Palma, D., Gonzalez-Perez-Somarriba, B., Bagudanch, I., Egea-Guerrero, J.J., Gonzalez-Perez, L.M., García-Romeu, M.L., Vallellano, C.: A functional methodology on the manufacturing of customized polymeric cranial prostheses from CAT using SPIF. Rapid Prototyp. J. 23(4), 771–780 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1108/RPJ-02-2016-0031CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Morales-Palma, D., Martínez-Donaire, A.J., Centeno, G., Vallellano, C.: Teaching experience for the virtualization of machine tools and simulation of manufacturing operations. Mater. Sci. Forum 853, 79–84 (2016). https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.853.79CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.NIST: Integration Definition for Function Modeling (IDEF0). Computer Systems Laboratory of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, December 1993. http://www.idef.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/idef0.pdf. Accessed March 2018