A Prototype for Generating Meaningful Layout of iStar Models
Being able to model and analyze social dependencies is one of the most important feature of iStar modeling language. However, typical layout algorithms (e.g., hierarchical layout and circular layout) are not suitable for laying out iStar models, especially, strategic dependency models. As a result, iStar models are typically constructed and laid out in a manual way, which is time-consuming and tedious, especially when dealing with large-scale models. In this paper, we present a prototype tool which can automatically lay out iStar model in a meaningful way by taking into account the semantics of iStar model elements. In particular, we have developed and integrated an istarml parser with our tool, enabling automatic layout of iStar models that are specified in terms of istarml. We believe our tool would be particularly interesting for people who used to deal with large-scale iStar models.
This work is supported by National Key R&D Program of China (No. 2017YFC08033007), the National Natural Science of Foundation of China (No. 91546111, 91646201) and Basic Research Funding of Beijing University of Technology (No. 040000546318516).
- 1.Du, X., Li, T., Wang, D.: An automatic layout approach for iStar models (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Grau, G., Franch, X., Avila, S.: J-PRiM: A java tool for a process reengineering i* methodology. In: 14th IEEE International Conference on Requirements Engineering, pp. 359–360. IEEE (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Gregorics, B., Gregorics, T., Kovács, G.F., Dobreff, A., Dévai, G.: Textual diagram layout language and visualization algorithm. In: 2015 ACM/IEEE 18th International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MODELS), pp. 196–205. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Horkoff, J.: Goal-oriented requirements engineering: an extended systematic mapping study. In: Requirements Engineering, pp. 1–28 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, T., Grubb, A.M., Horkoff, J.: Understanding challenges and tradeoffs in iStar tool development. In: 9th iStar Workshop, pp. 49–54 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Rashidi-Tabrizi, R., Mussbacher, G., Amyot, D.: Transforming regulations into performance models in the context of reasoning for outcome-based compliance. In: 2013 Sixth International Workshop on Requirements Engineering and Law (RELAW), pp. 34–43. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar