Using IMU Sensor and EKF Algorithm in Attitude Control of a Quad-Rotor Helicopter
The level of interest regarding Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), such as a Quad-Rotor, has been increased recently. UAVs can effectively carry out various monitoring tasks for disasters, life-saving situations, environmental conditions, traffic congestion and military reconnaissance. This paper presents a new attitude control method for a quad-rotor based on IMU sensor and EKF algorithm. The proposed method can enable a quad-rotor to achieve stable operation in the harsh ocean environment with unexpected disturbance and dynamic changes.
KeywordsEKF IMU HDR Quad-rotor
This research was supported by the Ministry of Trade, Industry & Energy (MOTIE), Korea, under the Industry Convergence Liaison Robotics Creative Graduates Education Program supervised by KIAT(N0001126).
This research was a part of the project titled ‘Developments of Drone Docking System equipped Leisure Boat for Drone surfing and operating’, funded by Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, Korea.
- 1.Woo, M.K., Park, O., Kim, S.K., Suk, J.Y., Kim, Y.D.: Real-time aircraft upset detection and prevention based on extended Kalman filter. J. Korean Soc. Aeronaut. Space Sci. 45(9), 724–733 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Sung, S.M., Lee, J.O.: Accuracy assessment of parcel boundary surveying with a fixed-wing UAV versus rotary-wing UAV. J. Korean Soc. Surv. Geodesy Photogram. Cartography 35(6), 535–543 (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Engelbrecht, J., et al.: Bifurcation analysis and simulation of stall and spin recovery for large transport aircraft. In: AIAA Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Conference, p. 4801 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Abramov, N., et al.: Pushing ahead-SUPRA airplane model for upset recovery. In: AIAA Modeling and Simulation Technologies Conference, p. 4631 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Elnagar, A.: Motion prediction of moving objects. In: Proceedings of the Second IASTED International Conference of Control and Application, pp. 448–451 (1999)Google Scholar