On LDPC Code Based Massive Random-Access Scheme for the Gaussian Multiple Access Channel
This paper deals with the problem of massive random access for Gaussian multiple access channel (MAC). We continue to investigate the coding scheme for Gaussian MAC proposed by A. Vem et al. in 2017. The proposed scheme consists of four parts: (i) the data transmission is partitioned into time slots; (ii) the data, transmitted in each slot, is split into two parts, the first one set an interleaver of the low-density parity-check (LDPC) type code and is encoded by spreading sequence or codewords that are designed to be decoded by compressed sensing type decoding; (iii) the another part of transmitted data is encoded by LDPC type code and decoded using a joint message passing decoding algorithm designed for the T-user binary input Gaussian MAC; (iv) users repeat their codeword in multiple slots. In this paper we are concentrated on the third part of considered scheme. We generalized the PEXIT charts to optimize the protograph of LDPC code for Gaussian MAC. The simulation results, obtained at the end of the paper, were analyzed and compared with obtained theoretical bounds and thresholds. Obtained simulation results shows that proposed LDPC code constructions have better performance under joint decoding algorithm over Gaussian MAC than LDPC codes considered by A. Vem et al. in 2017, that leads to the better performance of overall transmission system.
KeywordsNOMA Gaussian MAC Massive random-access LDPC code PEXIT charts
We want to thank Y. Polyanskiy for fruitful discussions.
- 2.Gallager, R.G.: Low-density parity-check codes (1963)Google Scholar
- 5.Liva, G., Chiani, M.: Protograph LDPC codes design based on EXIT analysis. In: IEEE GLOBECOM 2007 - IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, pp. 3250–3254, November 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/GLOCOM.2007.616
- 6.Narayanan, K.R., Pfister, H.D.: Iterative collision resolution for slotted ALOHA: an optimal uncoordinated transmission policy. In: 2012 7th International Symposium on Turbo Codes and Iterative Information Processing (ISTC), pp. 136–139, August 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISTC.2012.6325214
- 7.Ordentlich, O., Polyanskiy, Y.: Low complexity schemes for the random access Gaussian channel. In: 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), pp. 2528–2532, June 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISIT.2017.8006985
- 8.Polyanskiy, Y.: A perspective on massive random-access. In: 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), pp. 2523–2527. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 13.Thorpe, J.: Low-density parity-check (LDPC) codes constructed from protographs. Interplanet. Netw. Prog. Rep. 154, 1–7 (2003)Google Scholar
- 14.Vem, A., Narayanan, K.R., Cheng, J., Chamberland, J.F.: A user-independent serial interference cancellation based coding scheme for the unsourced random access Gaussian channel. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Information Theory Workshop (ITW), pp. 1–5 (2017)Google Scholar