Classification of Pancreatic Cystic Neoplasms Based on Multimodality Images
Classification of pancreatic cystic neoplasms (PCN) into subclasses is crucial since their treatments are different. However, accurate classification is very difficult even for radiologists, due to similar appearance and shape. We propose a network called PCN-Net which makes use of T1/T2 MRI of abdomen by its three stages design. The first and second stages are trained on T1 and T2 separately for detection and inter-modality registration. After a Z-Continuity Filter and modalities fusion, the third stage predict the results with registered image pairs. On a database of 48 patients, our method can predict with slice level accuracy of \(80.0\%\) and patient level accuracy of \(92.3\%\), which are much better than other baseline methods.
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61622207.
- 2.Cai, J., Lu, L., Xing, F., Yang, L.: Pancreas segmentation in CT and MRI images via domain specific network designing and recurrent neural contextual learning. arXiv:1803.11303 (2018)
- 4.Hussein, S., Chuquicusma, M.M., Kandel, P., Bolan, C.W., Wallace, M.B., Bagci, U.: Supervised and unsupervised tumor characterization in the deep learning era. arXiv:1801.03230 (2018)
- 7.Kingma, D., Ba, J.: Adam: a method for stochastic optimization. Computer Science (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, F., Xie, L., Xia, Y., Fishman, E.K., Yuille, A.L.: Joint shape representation and classification for detecting PDAC. arXiv:1804.10684 (2018)
- 10.Ren, S., He, K., Girshick, R., Sun, J.: Faster R-CNN: towards real-time object detection with region proposal networks. In: NIPS, pp. 91–99 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Roth, H., et al.: Towards dense volumetric pancreas segmentation in CT using 3D fully convolutional networks. arXiv:1706.07346 (2017)
- 13.Szegedy, C., Vanhoucke, V., Ioffe, S., Shlens, J., Wojna, Z.: Rethinking the inception architecture for computer vision. Computer Science, pp. 2818–2826 (2015)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhou, Y., Xie, L., Fishman, E.K., Yuille, A.L.: Deep supervision for pancreatic cyst segmentation in abdominal CT scans. In: MICCAI, pp. 222–230 (2017)Google Scholar