Image Splicing Detection Based on the Q-Markov Features
Recently, image splicing tamper detection has become an increasingly significant challenge, because of which all color information of color images and low detection rate of existing algorithms cannot be exploited. To overcome the shortcomings of this method, we propose a model, which employs difference matrix in quaternion domain (Q-DIFF) and Markov in quaternion domain (Q-Markov) in the quaternion discrete cosine transform domain (QDCT) for encoding tampering traces and quaternion back propagation neural network (QBPNN) for decision making. Furthermore, by introducing Q-DIFF and Q-Markov in the proposed model, the entire architecture of the algorithm is accumulated in the four-dimensional frequency domain (i.e., all color channels of color images are utilized). Moreover, the experimental results on public domain benchmark datasets demonstrate that the proposed model is superior to the other state-of-the-art splicing detection methods. Based on the experimental results, we suggest the direction that designs image tamper detection model, which invite all the processing in the model to operate in four-dimensional space (i.e. quaternion space).
KeywordsImage splicing detection Markov model Quaternion domain
This research is supported by Key Projects of Jilin Province Science and Technology Development Plan (20180201064SF).
- 6.Farid, H.: Detecting Digital Forgeries Using Bispectral. Analysis MIT AI Memo AIM-1657, pp. 1–9 (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Ng, T.: A data set of authentic and spliced image blocks. Columbia University ADVENT Technical Report 203 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, D.P.: A forensic algorithm against median filtering based on coefficients of image blocks in frequency domain. Multimed. Tools Appl. 4, 1–17 (2018)Google Scholar
- 11.Isaac, M.: Multiscale local gabor phase quantization for image forgery detection. Multimed. Tools Appl. 1, 1–22 (2017)Google Scholar
- 13.Dong, J.: CASIA image tampering detection evaluation database. In: 1st IEEE China Summit and International Conference on Signal and Information Processing, pp. 422–426. IEEE, Beijing (2013)Google Scholar
- 15.Feng, W.: Quaternion discrete cosine transform and its application in color template matching. In: 2008 Congress on Image and Signal Processing, Sanya, pp. 252–256. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 17.Qtfm Homepage. http://qtfm.sourceforge.net/. Accessed 14 Nov 2017