Biophysical and Biochemical Characteristics of Therapeutic Proteins
Pharmaceutical proteins are large, folded structures stabilized by weak physical/chemical forces. An appreciation of the factors that may influence their structure is an absolute requirement when dealing with these complex, fragile compounds.
KeywordsProtein structure Amino acids Protein folding
- Creighton TE (ed) (1989) Protein structure: a practical approach. IRL Press, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- Gregory RB (ed) (1994) Protein-solvent interactions. Marcel Dekker, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Schulz GE, Schirmer RH (eds) (1979) Principles of protein structure. Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Shirley BA (ed) (1995) Protein stability and folding. Humana Press, TotowaGoogle Scholar
- Whitford D (2005) Proteins: structure and function. Wiley, Hoboken, NJGoogle Scholar