Face Authentication and IOT-Based Automobile Security and Driver Surveillance System
Automobile industry is one of the largest and fastest growing industry and the actual reason behind it is, up-growing men to vehicle ratio. A lot of new vehicles are coming in the market and people are using them by spending substantial amount of money. This increasing ratio of man to vehicle is squeezing the crimes regarding vehicle robbery and accidents even though there are lots of safety features readily available. Hence this paper proposes simple low cost solution, based on strong biometric mechanism that involves face authentication. The system that uses night vision camera to capture the face of person seating on the driver’s seat and some sensors to provide his surveillance in the accidental situations. This system also gives us instant alert with latest captured image of vehicle’s interior on email.
KeywordsRaspberry pi 3b Raspbian Noir camera OpenCV Vibration sensor Automobile security alert Email Driver surveillance and alert
The authors would like to take the opportunity to thank all those individuals who have contributed or helped in some way in the preparation of this text. The authors would like to take the opportunity to thank all those individuals who have contributed or helped in some way in the preparation of this text. Special thanks to Mr. Vijay Kamble for their guidance, technical support and for providing me platform. I thank to Utkarsh chatte and again to Mr. Vijay Kamble for permission to use their faces for this research.
In my department, I thank to Dr. Imdad Rizvi for their academic support. For grammar and language support I thank to Prof. Geetanjali yampalle. I would also like to thank to Mandakini Chede and Apurav Patil for encouraging me.
- 1.Liu Z, Zhang A, Li S (2013) Vehicle anti-theft tracking system based on Internet of things. In: IEEE international conference on vehicular_electronics and safety (ICVES), Dongguan, pp 48–52. https://doi.org/10.1109/icves.2013.6619601
- 2.Shruthi K, Ramaprasad P, Ray R, Naik MA, Pansari S (2015) Design of anti-theft vehicle tracking system with a smartphone application. In: 2015 international conference on information processing (ICIP), Pune, pp 755–760. https://doi.org/10.1109/infop.2015.7489483
- 3.Lita I, Cioc IB, Visan DA (2006) A new approach of automobile localization system using GPS and GSM/GPRS transmission. In: 29th international spring seminar on electronics technology, St. Marienthal, pp 115–119. https://doi.org/10.1109/isse.2006.365369
- 4.Bavya R, Mohanamurali R (2014) Next generation auto theft prevention and tracking system for land vehicles. In: 2014 international conference on information communication and embedded systems (ICICES), Chennai, pp 1–5. https://doi.org/10.1109/icices.2014.7033987
- 5.Hameed SA, Khalifa O, Ershad M, Zahudi F, Sheyaa B, Asender W (2010) Car monitoring, alerting and tracking model: enhancement with mobility and database facilities. In: 2010 international conference on computer and communication engineering (ICCCE), Kuala Lumpur, pp 1–5. https://doi.org/10.1109/iccce.2010.5556796
- 6.Ajaz S, Asim M, Ozair M, Ahmed M, Siddiqui M, Mushtaq Z (2005) Autonomous vehicle monitoring & tracking system. In: 2005 student conference on engineering sciences and technology, SCONEST 2005, Karachi. https://doi.org/10.1109/sconest.2005.4382882
- 7.Bagavathy P, Dhaya R, Devakumar T (2011) Real time car theft decline system using ARM processor. In: 3rd international conference on advances in recent technologies in communication and computing (ARTCom 2011), Bangalore, pp 101–105. https://doi.org/10.1049/ic.2011.0059
- 8.Muji SZM, Wahab MHA, Zin MAM, Ayob J (2008) Simulation of smart card interface with PIC for vehicle security system. In: International conference on computer and communication engineering 2008, ICCCE 2008, pp 878–882Google Scholar
- 9.Ahilan A, James EAK (2011) Design and implementation of real time car theft detection in FPGA. In: 2011 third international conference on advanced computing, Chennai, pp 353–358. https://doi.org/10.1109/icoac.2011.6165201
- 10.Padmapriya S, KalaJames EA (2012) Real time smart car lock security system using face detection and recognition. In: 2012 international conference on computer communication and informatics (ICCCI), Coimbatore, pp 1–6. https://doi.org/10.1109/iccci.2012.6158802
- 11.Sreedevi P, Nair BSS (2011) Image processing based real time vehicle theft detection and prevention system. In: 2011 international conference on process automation, control and computing (PACC), Coimbatore, pp 1–6. https://doi.org/10.1109/pacc.2011.5979056
- 12.Sasikumar S, Ganesan R (2014) Facial and bio-signal fusion based driver alertness system using dynamic bayesian network. In: 2014 international conference on green computing communication and electrical engineering (ICGCCEE), Coimbatore, pp 1–5. https://doi.org/10.1109/icgccee.2014.6922268s
- 13.Sasikumar S, Ganesan R (2014) Facial and bio-signal fusion based driver alertness system using dynamic bayesian network. In: International conference on green computing communication and electrical engineering (ICGCCEE), Coimbatore, pp 1–5. https://doi.org/10.1109/icgccee.2014.6922268
- 14.Rizvi I, Chawda D (2009) Simulation of antilock braking system. In: International conference on emerging trends in software & networking technologies (ETSNT’09), Noida, IndiaGoogle Scholar
- 15.Kolli A, Fasih F, Machot A, Kyamakyac K (2011) Non-intrusive car driver’s emotion recognition using thermal camera. In: Proceedings of the joint INDS’11 & ISTET’11, Klagenfurt, pp 1–5. https://doi.org/10.1109/inds.2011.6024802
- 16.Saifullah A, Khawaja H, Arsalan, Maryam, Anum (2010) Keyless car entry through face recognition using FPGA. In: 2010 international conference on future information technology and management engineering (FITME), Changzhou, pp 224–227. https://doi.org/10.1109/fitme.2010.5654862