Study on Different Region-Based Object Detection Models Applied to Live Video Stream and Images Using Deep Learning
There is a plenty of very interesting problems in the field of computer vision, from the very basic image classification problem to 3d pose estimation problem. One among the many interesting problems is object detection, which is the computer capability to accurately identify the multiple objects present in the scene (image or video) with the bounding boxes around them and the appropriate labels indicating their class along with the confidence score indicating the degree of closeness with the class. In this work, we have discussed in detail different types of region-based object detection models applied on both live video stream and images.
KeywordsObject detection Deep learning Convolutional neural network Computer vision Single-shot detector You look only once Selective search Region of interest Region proposal network
We are thankful to NMAM Institute of Technology and Engineering Nitte, for allowing us to take the images required for performing the experiment.
- 1.Huang J, Wang D, Wang X (2017) Novel single stage detectors for object detection Google Scholar
- 3.Redmon J, Divvala S, Girshick R, Farhadi A (2016) You only look once: unified, real-time object detection. In: Proceedings of the IEEE conference on computer vision and pattern recognition, pp 779–788Google Scholar
- 4.Girshick R, Donahue J, Darrell T, Malik J (2014) Rich feature hierarchies for accurate object detection and semantic segmentation. In: Proceedings of the IEEE conference on computer vision and pattern recognition, pp 580–587Google Scholar
- 5.Girshick R (2015) Fast r-cnn. In: Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on computer vision, pp 1440–1448Google Scholar
- 6.Ren S, He K, Girshick R, Sun J. (2015) Faster R-CNN: towards real-time object detection with region proposal networks. In: Advances in neural information processing systems, pp 91–99Google Scholar
- 7.He K, Gkioxari G, Dollár P, Girshick R (2017) Mask r-cnn. arXiv preprint arXiv:1703.06870
- 8.Huang J et al (2017) Speed/accuracy trade-offs for modern convolutional object detectors. IEEE CVPRGoogle Scholar