True Color Image Compression and Decompression Using Fusion of Three-Level Discrete Wavelet Transform—Discrete Cosine Transforms and Arithmetic Coding Technique
In this research paper, we have done the implementation and analysis of true color image compression and decompression technique. The implemented paper divides the color image into RGB component then after applying three-level Discrete Wavelet Transform, RGB components are split into nine higher frequency sub-bands and one lower order sub-band. The lower frequency sub-band is compressed into T-Matrix using One Dimension Discrete Cosine Transform. At the same time, higher frequency sub-bands are compressed using scalar quantize and eliminate zero and store data algorithm are applied to remove zeros in sub-band matrixes. Last, the encoded mode adopted arithmetic encoding. This algorithm has use two level of quantization this show significance improve in performance of compression algorithm. The decompression process is reverse process of encoder. The decompression algorithm decoded high-frequency subbands using return zero matrix algorithm and recover low-frequency sub-bands and other sub-bands using applying inverse process.
KeywordsDiscrete wavelet transform Discrete cosine transform T-Matrix coding Eliminate zero and store Data Return zero matrix algorithm
Authors thank Dr. S. V. Dudal, HOD, Department of Applied Electronics, SGBA University, Amravati and Maharashtra, India for providing all kind of facilities and support.
- 1.Malacara D (2011) Color vision and colorimetric: theory and applications. Press monograph, SPIE. http://books.google.com.br/books?id=xDU4YgEACAAJ
- 2.Frery AC, Perciano T (2013) Introduction to image processing using R. 21 Springer briefs in computer science. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-4950-7-2
- 3.Gupta P, Bansal V (2015) The run length encoding for RGB images. Int J Converg Technol Manage 1(1). ISSN: 2455-7528Google Scholar
- 5.Boucetta A, Melkemi KE (2012) DWT based-approach for color image compression using genetic algorithm. In: International conference on image and signal processing, ICISP 2012: image and signal processing. LNCS 7340, pp 476–484Google Scholar
- 6.Sangwine SJ, Horne RE (1998) The colour image processing handbook, 1st edn. Chapman & HallGoogle Scholar
- 7.Gonzalez RC, Woods RE (2001) Digital image processing. Addison Wesley Publishing Company, ReadingGoogle Scholar
- 8.Sayood K (2000) Introduction to data compression, 2nd edn. Academic, Morgan Kaufman PublishersGoogle Scholar
- 10.Naveen Kumar R, Jagadale BN, Sandeepa KS (2016) Use of optimal threshold and T-Matrix coding in discrete wavelet transform for Image compression. In: 3rd international conference on electronics and communication systems (ICECS 2016), IEEE Explore. 978-1-4673-7832-1/16Google Scholar
- 11.Buela Divya G, Krupa Swaroopa Rani K. Implementation of image compression using hybrid DWT–DCT algorithms, Int J Modern Trend Eng Res. ISSN: 2393-8161Google Scholar
- 12.Sangwine SJ, Horne RE (1998) The colour image processing handbook, 1st edn. Chapman & HallGoogle Scholar
- 13.Sonka M, Halva V, Boyle T (1999) Image processing analysis and machine vision, 2nd edn. Brooks/Cole Publishing CompanyGoogle Scholar
- 16.Suma S, Sridhar V (2014) A review of effective techniques of compression in medical image processing. Int J Comput Appl (0975–8887) 97(6)Google Scholar