Analysis of Feature Ranking Methods on X-Ray Images
Mycobacterium causes an infectious disease called tuberculosis which can be diagnosed by its various symptoms like fever, cough, etc. Tuberculosis can also be analyzed by understanding the chest X-ray of the patient which is revealed by an expert physician. The chest X-ray image contains texture and shape-based features which are extracted from X-ray image using image processing concepts. This paper presents implementation of various feature weighting methods on the extracted features of X-ray images. These feature weighting methods are analyzed using linear regression model and Linear Discriminant Analysis (LDA) model. The performance of various feature weighting methods is compared and found that the accuracy of weights by PCA using linear regression model is 98.75% which is better than other methods.
KeywordsTuberculosis Image mining Feature ranking
- 1.Asha T, Murthy KNB, Natarajan S (2012) Data mining techniques in the diagnosis of tuberculosis. INTECH open access PublisherGoogle Scholar
- 2.Global Tuberculosis Report 2015-http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/191102/1/9789241565059_eng.pdf
- 4.Asha T, Natarajan S, Murthy KNB (2011) A study of associative classifiers with different rule evaluation measures for tuberculosis prediction. IJCA special issue on “Artificial intelligence techniques—novel approaches & practical applications” AITGoogle Scholar
- 11.Roopa H, Asha T (2016) Segmentation of X-ray image using city block distance measure. In: 2016 International conference on control, instrumentation, communication and computational technologies (ICCICCT), Kumaracoil, pp 186–189Google Scholar
- 12.Roopa H, Asha T (2018) Feature extraction of chest X-ray images and analysis using PCA and kPCA. Int J Electr Comput Eng (IJECE) 8(5)Google Scholar