Evaluation of Hydrodynamic Pressures for Autoregressive Model of Irregular Waves
This paper proposes a new way of simulating the pressure field of the incident wave near a ship’s hull. The approach is based on an autoregressive moving average (ARMA) model of the incident wave surface. This model retains all of the hydrodynamic characteristics of sea waves and allows the accurate solution of the potential flow problem and calculation of the hydrodynamic pressures below the surface. This chapter describes the solution of two-dimensional and three-dimensional problems.
KeywordsAutoregressive/moving average model (ARMA) Short-crested waves
This work is partly supported by the project of St. Petersburg State University (id 28612502) and RFBR grants 16-07-00886, 17-29-04288.
- Beck, R.F. and Reed, A.M. (2001). “Modern Computational Methods for Ships in Seaway”, Trans. SNAME, Vol. 109 pp. 1–48.Google Scholar
- Box, G. E. P., G. M. Jenkins & G. C. Reinsel (2008) Time series analysis: Forecasting and control, 4th Edition. Wiley, xx + 746 p.Google Scholar
- Bukhanovsky, A.V., Degtyarev, A.B., Lopatukhin, L.I., Rozhkov, V.A. (1998) “Probabilistic modeling of sea wave climate”. Izvestiya - Atmospheric and Ocean Physics. Vol 34, No 2, pp. 235–239.Google Scholar
- Degtyarev, A., (2011) “New Approach to Wave Weather Scenarios Modeling” Chapter 34 of Contemporary Ideas on Ship Stability Neves, M.A.S., et al. (eds), Springer, ISBN 978-94-007-1481-6 pp. 599–617.Google Scholar
- Degtyarev, A.B., Gankevich, I. (2012) “Evaluation of Hydrodynamic Pressures for Autoregression Model of Irregular Waves”, Proc. 11th Int. Conf. Stability of Ships and Ocean Vehicles, Athens, Greece, 11 p.Google Scholar
- Degtyarev, A.B., Reed, A.M. (2013) “Synoptic and short-term modeling of ocean waves” Intl. Shipbuilding Progress Vol. 60 pp. 523–553.Google Scholar
- Gankevich, I., Degtyarev, A.B. (2015) “Computation of Pressures in Inverse Problem in Hydrodynamics of Potential Flow”. Proc. 12th Int. Conf. Stability of Ships and Ocean Vehicles, Glasgow, UK, 5 p.Google Scholar
- Kochin, N. E., Kibel, I. A., Roze N. V., (1964) Theoretical Hydromechanics. Wiley 577 p.Google Scholar
- Newman J.N. (1977) Marine Hydrodynamics, The MIT Press.Google Scholar
- Spanos P. D., Zeldin B. A. (1996) “Efficient iterative ARMA approximation of multivariate random processes for structural dynamics applications” Earthquake engineering and structural dynamics. Vol. 25, no. 5. pp. 497–507.Google Scholar
- Weems, K., Reed, A.M., Degtyarev, A.B., Gankevich, I. (2016) “Implementation of an Autoregressive Wave Model in a Numerical Simulation Code,” Proc. 31st Symp. on Naval Hydrodynamics, Monterey, California, 12p.Google Scholar
- Zachmanoglou E.C., Thoe D.W. (1976) Introduction to Partial Differential Equations with Applications, Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore.Google Scholar