Semi-granted Sparse Code Multiple Access (SCMA) for 5G Networks (Invited Paper)
Sparse Code Multiple Access (SCMA) is a promising non-orthogonal multiple access technology for 5G radio access networks. It improves the connectivity and capacity. However, the two multiple access methods of SCMA: granted and grant-free cannot dynamically match the real-time demands since the resources allocated for the granted method and grant-free method are clearly separated with each other. This further deteriorates the system performance. This article proposes a semi-granted SCMA method, by enabling the granted demands and grant-free demands to share the same resources. Simulation results confirm that semi-granted SCMA matches the dynamically fluent demands and significantly improve the throughput of SCMA 5G system.
KeywordsSparse code multiple access SCMA Non-orthogonal multiple access Multiple access Grant-free 5G
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundations of CHINA (Grant No. 61271279, and No. 61501373), the National Science and Technology Major Project (Grant No. 2016ZX03001018-004), and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (Grant No. 3102017ZY018).
- 1.Ericsson: Mobile report on the pulse of the networked society. In: Ericsson Mobility Report, November 2016. https://www.ericsson.com/assets/local/mobility-report/documents/2016/ericsson-mobility-report-november-2016.pdf
- 2.Nikopour, H., Baligh, H.: Sparse code multiple access. In: 2013 IEEE 24th Annual International Symposium on Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), London, UK, pp. 332–336 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Bai, Z., Li, B., Yang, M., Yan, Z., Zuo, X., Zhang, Y.: FH-SCMA: frequency-hopping based sparse code multiple access for next generation Internet of Things. In: 2017 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, Sanfrancisco, US, pp. 1–6 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Au, K., et al.: Uplink contention based SCMA for 5G radio access. In: 2014 IEEE Globecom Workshops (GC Wkshps), Austin, US, pp. 900–905 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Bayesteh, A., Yi, E., Nikopour, H., Baligh, H.: Blind detection of SCMA for uplink grant-free multiple-access. In: 2014 11th International Symposium on Wireless Communications Systems (ISWCS), Barcelona, Spain, pp. 853–857 (2014)Google Scholar