In this chapter, with reference to three case study examples from the StoryLab International Film Development Research Network workshops, we will summarise the key aspects of Finding the Personal Voice in Filmmaking and identify some of the most important hurdles to overcome for the practical filmmaker.
KeywordsStoryLab Case studies Personal voice Story Narrative Transformation
Bibliography and Filmography
- Booker, C. (2004). The Seven Basic Plots: Why We Tell Stories. London: Bloomsbury.Google Scholar
- Bresson, R. (1977). Notes on Cinematography. New York: Urizen Books.Google Scholar
- Doubt. (2017). Wr/Dir: E Knudsen, UK, 25 min.Google Scholar
- Knudsen, E. (2000). Fear Eats the Soul: Working with Creative Content and Purpose in Media Practice Education (pp. 165–171). London: Taylor and Francis.Google Scholar
- Knudsen, E. (2017). Doubt. Todmorden: One Day Films.Google Scholar