Privacy-Preserving Trade Chain Detection
In this paper, we present a novel multi-party protocol to facilitate the privacy-preserving detection of trade chains in the context of bartering. Our approach is to transform the parties’ private quotes into a flow network such that a minimum-cost flow in this network encodes a set of simultaneously executable trade chains for which the number of parties that can trade is maximized. At the core of our novel protocol is a newly developed privacy-preserving implementation of the cycle canceling algorithm that can be used to solve the minimum cost flow problem on encrypted flow networks.
In part, this work was supported by NSF grant #1646999 and DFG grant ME 3704/4-1. This work was carried out while one of the authors was at the National Science Foundation. Any opinion, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
- 1.Abraham, D.J., Blum, A., Sandholm, T.: Clearing algorithms for barter exchange markets: enabling nationwide kidney exchanges. In: Proceedings of the 8th ACM Conference on Electronic Commerce, pp. 295–304. ACM (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Anderson, R., Ashlagi, I., Gamarnik, D., Kanoria, Y.: A dynamic model of barter exchange. In: Proceedings of the Twenty-Sixth Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, pp. 1925–1933 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Cramer, R., Damgård, I., Nielsen, J.B.: Multiparty computation from threshold homomorphic encryption. Technical report (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Encyclopedia Britannica. www.britannica.com
- 13.Wüller, S.: Privacy-preserving electronic bartering. Ph.D. thesis, RWTH Aachen University (2018)Google Scholar
- 14.Wüller, S., Meyer, U., Wetzel, S.: Privacy-preserving multi-party bartering secure against active adversaries. In: Fifteenth Annual Conference on Privacy, Security and Trust. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 16.Wüller, S., Vu, M., Meyer, U., Wetzel, S.: Using secure graph algorithms for the privacy-preserving identification of optimal bartering opportunities. In: Proceedings of the 2017 on Workshop on Privacy in the Electronic Society, pp. 123–132. ACM (2017)Google Scholar