Ontology-Based Semantic Retrieval Method of Energy Consumption Management
A large number of different forms of energy consumption information are generated during facility management. In addition, due to the uncertain and ambiguous external and internal environment of construction project, it is an important issue in energy consumption for operation staff to query required information efficiently. Moreover, implementations of BIM technology can provide visualization and integrated information models for FM. In view of the above two aspects, this paper introduces ontology as the modeling approach for information exchange and put forward a semantic retrieval method based on ontology for building energy management. Then this paper realizes the integration between ontology based semantic retrieval system and energy consumption information under BIM environment. In the case study, this paper constructs a domain ontology of energy consumption and then conducts retrieval expansion based on this information model, and the discussion of example provides support for further research.
KeywordsOntology Energy consumption BIM Query language
This research was supported by the National Key R&D Program of China (Grant No. 2017YFC0704200), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51778336). This research was supported by the Young Elite Scientists Sponsorship Program by CAST (2016QNRC001). The authors would also like to acknowledge the support by the Tsinghua University-Glodon Joint Research Center for Building Information Model (RCBIM).
- 1.Alessandra, D.P., Marco, O., Giuseppe, L.R., Giuseppe, A., Sajal, K.D.: Intelligent management systems for energy efficiency in buildings: a survey. ACM Comput. Surv. 47(1), 1–38 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Hendro, W., Preslava, D., Polina, H., Sven, R.: Methodology to develop ontological building information model for energy management system in building operational phase. Knowl. Disc. Knowl. Eng. Knowl. Manage. 454, 168–181 (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Reinisch, C., Granzer, W., Praus, F., Kastner, W.: Integration of heterogeneous building automation systems using ontologies. In: Proceedings of 34th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON 2008), pp. 2736–2741 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Guruz, R., Katranuschkov, P., Schrerer, R.J., Kaiser, J., Grunewald, J., Hensel, B., Kabitzsch, K., Liebich, T.: Ontological specification for the model integration in ICT building energy systems, EEBuilding data models—energy efficiency vocabularies and ontologies. In: Proceedings of the European Conference of Product and Process Modelling, Reykjavik, Iceland, pp. 6–29 (2012)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.buildingSMART.: IFC4 Release Candidate 4. Retrieved from buildingSMART website: http://www.buildingsmart-tech.org/ifc/IFC2x4/rc4/html/index.htm. Accessed on 24 Sept. 2015 (2013)
- 9.Tom, H., Christian, B.: Linked data: evolving the web into a global data space, Synthesis Lectures on the Semantic Web: Theory and Technology, Morgan & Claypool, pp. 1–136 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.W3C.: SQARQL query language for RDF specification. http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/. Accessed on 15 Jan. 2013 (2011)
- 11.Hans, S., Robin, D.: Converting the industry foundation classes to the web ontology language. In; Proceedings of the First International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge and Grid, IEEE Computer Society, Washington, D.C., pp. 556–560 (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Carlos, A., Moisés. D., Ricardo. J.G., Parisa. G. and Adolfo. S.G.: EXPRESS to OWL morphism: making possible to enrich ISO10303 Modules. In: Complex Systems Concurrent Engineering, pp. 391–402 (2007)Google Scholar
- 15.Pieter, P., Zhang, S.J., Lee, Y.C.: Semantic web technologies in AEC industry: a literature overview. Autom. Constr. 73(1), 145–165 (2017)Google Scholar
- 17.Timilehin, L., Zeiler, W., Boxem, G., Yang, Z.: Occupancy measurement in commercial office buildings for demand–driven control applications: a survey and detection system evaluation. Energy Build. 93(4), 303–314 (2015)Google Scholar
- 19.Yuvraj, A., Bharathan, B., Rajesh, G., Jacob, L., Wei, M., Weng, T.: Occupancy–driven energy management for smart building automation, Proceedings of Acm Workshop on Embedded Sensing Systems for Energy-efficiency in Building. Zurich, pp. 1–6 (2010)Google Scholar