Privacy Preserving Collaborative Fuzzy Co-clustering of Three-Mode Cooccurrence Data
Co-cluster structure analysis with three-mode cooccurrence information is a potential approach in summarizing multi-source relational data in such tasks as user-product purchase history analysis. This paper proposes a privacy preserving framework for jointly performing three-mode fuzzy co-clustering under collaboration among two organizations, which independently store object-item cooccurrence information and item-ingredient cooccurrence information, respectively. Even when they cannot mutually share elements of the cooccurrence matrices, the intrinsic co-cluster structures are revealed without publishing each elements of relational data but sharing only the structural information.
KeywordsFuzzy-clustering Co-clustering Three-mode cooccurrence information Privacy preserving data analysis
This work was supported in part by Tateisi Science and Technology Foundation through 2017 research grant (A).
- 1.Oh, C.-H., Honda K., Ichihashi, H.: Fuzzy clustering for categorical multivariate data. In: Proceedings of Joint 9th IFSA World Congress and 20th NAFIPS International Conference, pp. 2154–2159 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Miyamoto, S., Mukaidono, M.: Fuzzy \(c\)-means as a regularization and maximum entropy approach. In: Proceedings of the 7th International Fuzzy Systems Association World Congress, vol. 2, pp 86–92 (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Honda, K., Suzuki, Y., Nishioka, M., Ubukata, S., Notsu, A.: A fuzzy co-clustering model for three-modes relational cooccurrence data. In: Proceedings of 2017 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, #F-0264 (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Vaidya, J., Clifton, C.: Privacy-preserving \(k\)-Means clustering over vertically partitioned data. In: Proceedings of 9th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 206–215 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Yu, T.-K., Lee, D.T. Chang, S.-M., Zhan, J.: Multi-party \(k\)-Means clustering with privacy consideration. In: Proceedings of 2010 International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing with Applications, pp. 200–207 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.MacQueen, J.B.: Some methods of classification and analysis of multivariate observations. In: Proceedings of 5th Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability, pp. 281–297 (1967)Google Scholar
- 12.Honda, K., Oda, T., Tanaka, D., Notsu, A.: A collaborative framework for privacy preserving fuzzy co-clustering of vertically distributed cooccurrence matrices. Adv. Fuzzy Syst. 2015(729072), 1–8 (2015)Google Scholar
- 13.Oda, T., Honda, K., Ubukata, S., Notsu, A.: Consideration of site-wise confidence in fuzzy co-clustering of vertically distributed cooccurrence data. Int. J. Comput. Sci. Netw. Secur. 16(2), 15–21 (2016)Google Scholar