Learning Fuzzy Measures for Aggregation in Fuzzy Rule-Based Models
Fuzzy measures are used to express background knowledge of the information sources. In fuzzy rule-based models, the rule confidence gives an important information about the final classes and their relevance. This work proposes to use fuzzy measures and integrals to combine rules confidences when making a decision. A Sugeno \(\lambda \)-measure and a distorted probability have been used in this process. A clinical decision support system (CDSS) has been built by applying this approach to a medical dataset. Then we use our system to estimate the risk of developing diabetic retinopathy. We show performance results comparing our system with others in the literature.
KeywordsFuzzy measures Aggregation functions Choquet integral Sugeno integral Fuzzy rule-based systems Diabetic retinopathy
This work is supported by the URV grant 2017PFR-URV-B2-60, and by the Spanish research projects no: PI12/01535 and PI15/01150 for (Instituto de Salud Carlos III and FEDER funds). Mr. Saleh has a Pre-doctoral grant (FI 2017) provided by the Catalan government and an Erasmus+ travel grant by URV. Prof. Bustince acknowledges the support of Spanish project TIN2016-77356-P.
- 7.Mesiar, R., Stupňanová, A.: A note on CC-integral. Fuzzy Sets Syst. (2018). (In press)Google Scholar
- 10.Romero-Aroca, P., et al.: A clinical decision support system for diabetic retinopathy screening: creating a clinical support application. Telemed. e-Health (2018). (In press)Google Scholar
- 12.Saleh, E., Moreno, A., Valls, A., Romero-Aroca, P., de la Riva-Fernandez, S.: A fuzzy random forest approach for the detection of diabetic retinopathy on electronic health record data. In: Artificial Intelligence Research and Development, vol. 288, p. 169. IOS Press (2016)Google Scholar
- 13.Saleh, E., Valls, A., Moreno, A., Romero-Aroca, P.: Integration of different fuzzy rule-induction methods to improve the classification of patients with diabetic retinopathy. In: Recent Advances in Artificial Intelligence Research and Development, pp. 6–15 (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.Saleh, E., Valls, A., Moreno, A., Romero-Aroca, P., de la Riva-Fernandez, S., Sagarra-Alamo, R.: Diabetic retinopathy risk estimation using fuzzy rules on electronic health record data. In: Torra, V., Narukawa, Y., Navarro-Arribas, G., Yañez, C. (eds.) MDAI 2016. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 9880, pp. 263–274. Springer, Cham (2016). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-45656-0_22CrossRefGoogle Scholar