Benchmarking Virtuoso 8 at the Mighty Storage Challenge 2018: Challenge Results
- 230 Downloads
Following the success of Virtuoso at last year’s Mighty Storage Challenge - MOCHA 2017, we decided to participate once again and test the latest Virtuoso version against the new tasks which comprise the MOCHA 2018 challenge. The aim of the challenge is to test the performance of solutions for SPARQL processing in aspects relevant for modern applications: ingesting data, answering queries on large datasets and serving as backend for applications driven by Linked Data. The challenge tests the systems against data derived from real applications and with realistic loads, with an emphasis on dealing with changing data in the form of streams or updates. Virtuoso, by OpenLink Software, is a modern enterprise-grade solution for data access, integration, and relational database management, which provides a scalable RDF Quad Store. In this paper, we present the final challenge results from MOCHA 2018 for Virtuoso v8.0, compared to the other participating systems. Based on these results, Virtuoso v8.0 was declared as the overall winner of MOCHA 2018.
KeywordsVirtuoso Mighty storage challenge MOCHA Benchmarks Data storage Linked data RDF SPARQL
This work has been supported by the H2020 project HOBBIT (GA no. 688227).
- 1.Erling, O.: Virtuoso, a hybrid RDBMS/graph column store. IEEE Data Eng. Bull. 35(1), 3–8 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Erling, O., Mikhailov, I.: RDF support in the virtuoso DBMS. Networked Knowledge-Networked Media, pp. 7–24. Springer, Berlin (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Erling, O., Mikhailov, I.: Virtuoso: RDF support in a native RDBMS. Semantic Web Information Management, pp. 501–519. Springer, Berlin (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Georgala, K.: First version of the data extraction benchmark for sensor data, May 2017. Project HOBBIT Deliverable 3.1.1Google Scholar
- 5.Georgala, K.: Second version of the data extraction benchmark for sensor data, May 2018. Project HOBBIT Deliverable 3.1.2Google Scholar
- 7.Jovanovik, M., Spasić, M.: First version of the data storage benchmark, May 2017. Project HOBBIT Deliverable 5.1.1Google Scholar
- 8.Papakonstantinou, V., Fundulaki, I., Flouris, G.: Second version of the versioning benchmark, May 2018. Project HOBBIT Deliverable 5.2.2Google Scholar
- 9.Papakonstantinou, V., Fundulaki, I., Roussakis, G., Flouris, G., Stefanidis, K.: First version of the versioning benchmark, May 2017. Project HOBBIT Deliverable 5.2.1Google Scholar
- 10.Petzka, H.: First version of the faceted browsing benchmark, May 2017. Project HOBBIT Deliverable 6.2.1Google Scholar
- 12.Mirko Spasić and Milos Jovanovik. Second Version of the Data Storage Benchmark, May 2018. Project HOBBIT Deliverable 5.1.2Google Scholar