Temperature and Humidity Monitoring System for Bulk Grain Container Based on LoRa Wireless Technology
This paper introduces the design of key node information collection system for the North-to-South Bulk Grain Container Transportation Project in China. Based on the idea of the Internet of Things (IoT), we combined the current sensing and communication technologies to develop a vehicle-borne information acquisition system and a key node handheld information acquisition system. This project researches on smart front-end products, low-power sensor technology, data acquisition, and wireless communication technology. The whole system combines cloud platform, edge computing, and other technologies to fully utilize the Internet of things resources and artificial intelligence. It demonstrates and certifies the product performance of key node information collection equipment for bulk grain containers. The system adapts to the public railroad and water transport mode while the entire process of food transportation is monitored through intelligent sensor, GPS, LoRa and 3G/4G technologies so that to achieve information traceability in the grain transportation, thus ensuring food quality.
KeywordsIoT LoRa Sensor GPS 3G 4G
This project is supported by the demonstration project of the high efficient quality transportation and information tracing technology of North-to-South Bulk Grain Container Transportation and the Intelligent Sensor project in Aisino Corporation. We thank the Dadushe Grain Depot in Beijing for the help in experiment testing.
- 3.“North Grains Southward Transfer” Makes Great Efforts to Improve Zhejiang Province’s Food Security Support Ability, Zhejiang People’s Congress (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Soy, H., Dilay, Y., Koçer, S.: A LoRa-based Low Power Wide Area Network Application for Agricultural Weather MonitoringGoogle Scholar
- 7.Type ABZ. https://wireless.murata.com/eng/products/rf-modules-1/lpwa/type-abz.html. Accessed 20 Feb 2018
- 8.Nor, R.F.A.M., Zaman, F.H., Mubdi, S.: Smart traffic light for congestion monitoring using LoRaWAN. In: 2017 IEEE 8th Control and System Graduate Research Colloquium (ICSGRC), pp. 132–137. IEEE, August 2017Google Scholar
- 9.Agrawal, V., et al.: Low power ARM® Cortex™-M0 CPU and SRAM using Deeply Depleted Channel (DDC) transistors with Vdd scaling and body bias. In: 2013 IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC), pp. 1–4. IEEE, September 2013Google Scholar
- 10.Ku, J.S., Ho, S., Sarma, S.: Landmark mapping from unbiased observations. In: 2015 IEEE First International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2), pp. 1–6. IEEE, October 2015Google Scholar
- 11.SARA U2 Series. https://www.u-blox.com/en/product/sara-u2-series. Accessed 20 Feb 2018
- 12.Kommu, A., Kanchi, R.R.: Design and development of a project-based embedded system laboratory using LPC1768. Am. J. Embed. Syst. Appl. 1(2), 46–53 (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.Lamichhane, R.S.: 4G LTE Supported Mobile Phones (2018)Google Scholar