Influence of Electron Beam Local Annealing on the Residual Stresses for the joints with Electron Beam Welding of near α titanium alloy
To reduce the negative influence of residual welding stresses in aeronautical products, electron beam(EB) local annealing after electron beam welding(EBW) was studied for near α titanium alloy of Ti-Al-Sn-Zr. The appearance of the welded joints was observed, and the residual welding stresses for EBW and EB local annealing were measured by the drilling-hole method. The results showed that the gradient of the longitudinal residual stresses lowered along the central line of vertical welds after EB local annealing, and the peak stresses lowered 40% more than those of as-welded; transverse residual stresses changed a little. Along the welds, the longitudinal stresses were also decreased after EB local annealing, and the equilibrium region of the residual stresses was located in the centre of the plate.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Zhiyong Mao. Analysis of EBW technology in large commercial jet manufacturing application, Aeronautical Manufacturing Technology 2009: (2) :92-94.Google Scholar
- Shuili Gong,Huaixue Li, Xin Li, et al. Application and development of high power beam process technology, Aeronautical Manufacturing Technology 2009: (14): 34 -39Google Scholar
- O.E. Kosing, R. Scharl, H.J. Schmuhl. Design improvements of the EJ200 hp compressor. from design verification engine to a future all blisk version Proceedings of ASME TURBO EXPO 2001:Land, Sea, and Air, USA, 2001: 1-6 (2001GT0283)Google Scholar
- Wenjun Kang, Yangmin Liang, ChengYong Ruan.Shaft neck of compressor with electron beam welding, Proceedings of the Fourteen National Welding Conference of China 2009: Har Bin: 6-17.Google Scholar
- M.B. Henderson, D. Arrell, M. Heobel, et al. Nickel-Based Superalloy Welding Practices for Industrial Gas Turbine Applications[J].Science and Technology of welding and joining.2004,9(1)Google Scholar
- Radaj Dieter. Welding thermal effects-Temperature fields, residual stresses and distortion, Translated by Xiong Dijing and Shi YaoWu. Beijing: Mechanical Industry Pres, 1997:10-50Google Scholar
- Aiping WU, Haiyan Zhao, Qingyu Shi, et al. Prediction and Control of Stress and Distortion in Welded Structure used in Aviation and Aerospace Fields, Aeronautical Manufacturing Technology 2009: (24): 26-30Google Scholar
- Jianguo Yang, Xueqiu Zhang,Xuesong Liu, et al. Analysis and discussion on welding residual stress and strain, Welding & Joining 2008:(4):7-10Google Scholar
- GUO Shao-qing, GU Wei-hua, YU Huai, et al. Effect of Postweld Heat Treatment on Microstructure and Properties of Electron Beam Welded TC18 Joint. Journal of Aeronautical Materials 2006:2(3):116-121Google Scholar
- Wang Yajun, Guan Yongjun, Fu Pengfei, et al.Study on shape factor of the fusion-solidification zone of electron weld beam [J]. China Welding, 2008, 17(4):62-68Google Scholar
- WANG Ya-jun, FU Peng-fei, GUAN Yong-jun,.Methods of Studying Welds Shape of TC4 Alloy with EBW, Journal of Aeronautical Materials 2009:29(2): 53-56Google Scholar
- FU Pengfei, HUANG Rui, LIU Fangjun, et al. Microstructure and residual stress of TA12 titanium alloy with electron beam welding, Transactions of the China Welding Institution 2007:28 (2): 82-84Google Scholar
- FU Pengfei, LIU Fangjun, FU Gang, et al. Study of electron beam post-weld local heat treatment for TC4 titanium alloy and residual stress measurement of weld, Nuclear Techniques 2006:29 (2): 136-139.Google Scholar