How to Develop a Questionnaire in Order to Measure Interoperability Levels in Enterprises
Nowadays the market and the global economy are changing constantly and enterprises need to adapt quickly to these changes in order to collaborate between them. Sometimes there are problems to establish these collaborations due to the lack of maturity in aspects related to interoperability. Unfortunately, the enterprises do not know enough about the concept of interoperability. The main goal of this article is to learn more about this framework and show how to develop an evaluation method by means of a questionnaire that allows the interoperability of an enterprise to be measured. The application of the questionnaire will serve to determine the level of interoperability achieved by the enterprise and to detect the aspects to be improved.
KeywordsBusiness Process Maturity Model Maturity Level Enterprise Modelling External Entity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Benguria, G., Santos, I., (2008) SME Maturity, Requirement for Interoperability. Enterprise Interoperability III 29-40Google Scholar
- Chen, D., Doumeingts, G., (2003) Basic Concepts and Approaches to Develop Interoperability of Enterprise Applications. In Camarinha Matos, L.M., Afsarmanesh, H., eds.: PRO-VE. Volume 262 of IFIP Conference Proceedings, Kluwer 323-330Google Scholar
- IEEE Standard Computer Dictionary: A compilation of IEEE Standard Computer Glossaries, Institutes of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, New York, NY 1990. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?tp=&isnumber=4148&arnumber=15934 2&punumber=2238Google Scholar
- Carnegie Mellon, Software Engineering Institute. n.d.a. Capability Maturity Model® (CMM) http://www.sei.cmu.edu/cmmi/start/faq/related-faq.cfmGoogle Scholar
- C4ISR Interoperability Working Group, Department of Defense. 1998. Levels of Information Systems Interoperability (LISI). Washington, D.C.: United States Department of Defense. http://sei.cmu.edu/isis/guide/introduction/lisi.htmGoogle Scholar
- Carnegie Mellon, Software Engineering Institute. n.d.b. Capability Maturity Model® Integration (CMMI) http://www.sei.cmu.edu/cmmiGoogle Scholar
- ATHENA (Athena). 2004. Enterprise Interoperability Maturity Model (EIMM). The European Commission, (IST-507849) http://interopvlab.eu/ei\_public\_deliverables/athena-deliverables.Google Scholar
- Amérigo, M., (1993) Metodología de cuestionarios: Principios y Aplicaciones. Confederación de Asociaciones de Archiveros, Bibliotecarios, Museólogos y Documentalistas, ANABADGoogle Scholar