Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction
The diagnosis of ureteropelvic junction obstruction (UPJO) implies functionally significant impairment of urinary transport from the renal pelvis to the ureter. Although most cases are probably congenital in origin, the problem may not become clinically apparent until much later in life. This chapter is limited to a discussion of the treatment of congenital UPJO, although at times these techniques may be applied appropriately to the management of some related acquired conditions.
KeywordsRenal Pelvis Holmium Laser Ureteropelvic Junction Nephrostomy Tube URETEROPELVIC Junction Obstruction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anderson JC, Hynes W. Retrocaval ureter: a case diagnosed preoperatively and treated successfully by a plastic operation. Br J Uro1 21:209, 1949.Google Scholar
- 2.Badlani G, Eshghi M, Smith AD. Percutaneous surgery for ureteropelvic junction obstruction (endopyelotomy): technique and early results: J Uro1 135:26, 1986.Google Scholar
- 4.Streem SB, Franke J, Smith J. Management of upper urinary tract obstruction. In Campbell’s Urology, 8th ed. (Walsh PC, Wein AJ, Vaughan ED Jr., Retik AB, eds). WB Saunders, Philadelphia, 2002.Google Scholar
- 6.Inglis JA, Tolley DA. Ureteroscopic pyelolysis for pelviureteric junction obstruction. Br JUro1 58:250, 1986.Google Scholar
- 8.Matin SF, Yost A, Streem, SB. Ureteroscopic laser endopyelotomy: a 12 year single center experience. J Endourol, in press.Google Scholar
- 9.Motola JA, Badlani GH, Smith AD. Results of 212 consecutive endopyelotomies: an 8-year follow-up. JUro1 149:453,1993.Google Scholar
- 11.Ransley PG, Dhillon HK, Gordon I, et al. The postnatal management of hydronephrosis diagnosed by prenatal ultrasound. JUrol 144:584, 1990.Google Scholar
- 12.Ross JH, Streem SB, Novick AC, et al. Ureterocalicostomy for reconstruction of complicated pelviureteric junction obstruction. Br JUro1 65:322,1990.Google Scholar
- 16.Van Cangh, PI, Wilmart JF, Opsomer RJ, et al. Long-term results and late recurrence after endoureteropyelotomy: a critical analysis of prognostic factors. JUro1 151:934, 1994.Google Scholar