Processing of RI-Angiocardiographic Images
- 71 Downloads
In clinical medicine, the shape and dimensions, especially their dynamical changes, of the human left ventricle have proven to be the most important parameters for evaluating the cardiac functions, and, if they are obtainable, it will be possible to diagnose several cardiac diseases accurately. Currently, heart images are obtained mainly by x-ray cine-angiocardiography or RI-angiocardiography, and techniques such as manual contour tracing and hand planimetry are used by cardiologists to measure the dimensions of the left ventricle. However, because the effort involved in manual methods is fairly great, computerized measurement techniques are urgently desired.
KeywordsLeft Ventricle Boundary Curve Trigger Pulse Nonlinear Filter Left Ventricular Region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beckenbach, E. S., and Desilets, D. T., “The Computerization of High Speed Cineangiocardiographic Left Ventricular Volume Determination,” Pattern Recognition Studies, Seminar Proceeding, SPIE, 173 (1969).Google Scholar
- Davis, L. S., Rosenfeld, A., and Weszka, J. S., “Region Extraction by Averaging and Thresholding,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics SMC-5:383 (1975).Google Scholar
- Green, M. V., Ostrow, H. G., Douglas, M. A., Myers, R. W., Bailey, J. J., and Johnston, G. S., “Scintigraphic Cineangiography of the Heart,” Proc. Medinfo. 74:827 (1974).Google Scholar
- Hachimura, K., Taneno, H., Kitagawa, H., Kuwahara, M., Kinoshita, M., and Kusukawa, R., “Computer Analysis of the Left Ventricular Volume Using RI-Angiocardiography,” Proc. 1st World Congress of Nuclear Medicine, 768 (1974).Google Scholar
- Kinoshita, M., Hoshino, T., Tomonaga, G., Mashiro, I., Shimono, Y., Kusukawa, R., Hachimura, K., Taneno, H., Kitagawa, H., and Kuwahara, M., “Assessment of Left Ventricular Function by ECG-Gated RI-Angiocardiography,” Proc. 1st World Congress of Nuclear Medicine, 1046 (1974).Google Scholar
- Pizer, S. M., and Vetter, H. G., “Perception and Processing of Medical Radioisotope Scans,” in Pictorial Pattern Recognition (Cheng et al., eds.), Washington, Thompson (1968), p. 147.Google Scholar
- Rosenfeld, A., Picture Processing by Computer, New York, Academic Press (1969).Google Scholar