FIFO Buffers in tie Sauce
- 99 Downloads
This paper introduces a new semantics for FIFO buffers (more usually called channels) in a parallel programming language, B(PN)2. This semantics is given in terms of M-nets, which form an algebra of labelled high-level Petri nets. The proposed approach makes usage of asynchronous link operator, newly introduced in the algebra of M-nets, and repairs some drawbacks of the previous M-net semantics. Channels are now fully expressible within the algebra (it was not the case), they are significantly smaller (in number of places), and they offer several other advantages.
KeywordsParallel programming Petri nets process algebras FIFO buffers semantics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V. Benzaken, N. Hugon, H. Klaudel, and E. Pelz. M-net calculus based semantics for triggers. LNCS 1420, 1998.Google Scholar
- E. Best. A memory module specification using composable high-level Petri nets. LNCS 1169, 1996.Google Scholar
- E. Best, W. Fraczak, R. Hopkins, H. Klaudel, and E. Pelz. M-nets: An algebra of high-level Petri nets, with an application to the semantics of concurrent programming languages. Acta Informatica 35, 1998.Google Scholar
- E. Best and R. P. Hopkins. B(PN)2 — A basic Petri net programming notation. PARLE’93, LNCS 694:379–390, 1993.Google Scholar
- H. Fleishhack and B. Grahlmann. A Petri net semantics for B(PN)2 with procedures. PDSE’97. IEEE Computer Society, 1997.Google Scholar
- B. Grahlmann. The PEP tool. CAV’97, LNCS 1254:440–443, 1997.Google Scholar
- H. Klaudel. Compositional high-level Petri net semantics of a parallel programming language with procedures. Submitted paper (available on http://www.univ-paris12.fr/~lacl/klaudel/pr.ps.gz)/~lacl/klaudel/pr.ps.gz).
- H. Klaudel and F. Pommereau. Asynchronous links in the PBC and M-nets. ASIAN’99, LNCS 1742:190–200, 1999.Google Scholar
- H. Klaudel and F. Pommereau. Petri net nemantics of abortion, timeout and exceptions. Technical Report 0021, LACL, Université Paris 12, February 2000.Google Scholar
- H. Klaudel and R.-C. Riemann. Refinement-based smantics od parallel procedures. PDPTA’99, vol. 4. CSREA Press, 1999.Google Scholar
- J. Lilius and E. Pelz. An M-net semantics of B(PN)2 with procedures. ISCIS, vol. 1, 1996.Google Scholar