Structured Hadamard Conjecture
- 1.3k Downloads
We present three different formalisms for a structured version of the Hadamard conjecture. Two of these formalisms are new, and we use them to provide independent verifications of some of the previously known computational results on this structured version of the Hadamard conjecture.
KeywordsDiophantine Equation Hadamard Matrice Hadamard Matrix Weight Enumerator Circulant Matrice
The author is grateful to the anonymous referees for their careful scrutiny of the original submission and their constructive and pertinent comments that led to a significantly improved version of this paper.
This work is supported by an NSERC grant.
- 2.T. Becker, V. Weispfenning, Gröbner Bases. Graduate Texts in Mathematics, vol 141 (Springer, New York, 1993). A computational approach to commutative algebra, In cooperation with Heinz KredelGoogle Scholar
- 4.C.J. Colbourn, J.H. Dinitz (eds), Handbook of Combinatorial Designs, 2nd edn. Discrete Mathematics and its Applications (Boca Raton) (Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, 2007)Google Scholar
- 11.S. Eliahou, Enumerative combinatorics and coding theory. Enseign. Math. (2) 40(1–2), 171–185 (1994)Google Scholar
- 13.Fondation Mathématique Jacques Hadamard (FMJH). http://www.fondation-hadamard.fr
- 15.I.P. Goulden, D.M. Jackson, Combinatorial Enumeration (Dover, Mineola, 2004). With a foreword by Gian-Carlo Rota, Reprint of the 1983 original.Google Scholar
- 16.J. Hadamard, Résolution d’une question relative aux déterminants. Bull. Sci. Mathé., 17, 240–246 (1893)Google Scholar
- 26.V. Maz’ya, T. Shaposhnikova, Jacques Hadamard, a universal mathematician, in History of Mathematics, vol 14 (American Mathematical Society, Providence, 1998)Google Scholar
- 27.P. Ó Catháin, Group actions on Hadamard matrices. Master’s Thesis, National University of Ireland, Galway, 2008Google Scholar
- 29.J. Seberry, M. Yamada, Hadamard matrices, sequences, and block designs, in Contemporary Design Theory. Wiley-Intersci. Ser. Discrete Math. Optim. (Wiley, New York, 1992), pp. 431–560Google Scholar
- 30.N.J.A. Sloane, A library of Hadamard matrices. http://www2.research.att.com/~njas/hadamard/
- 31.R.P. Stanley, Enumerative Combinatorics, vol 1. Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics, 2nd edn., vol 49 (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2012)Google Scholar
- 33.B. Sturmfels Solving systems of polynomial equations, in CBMS Regional Conference Series in Mathematics, vol 97 (Published for the Conference Board of the Mathematical Sciences, Washington, DC, 2002)Google Scholar
- 34.B. Sturmfels. Algorithms in invariant theory, in Texts and Monographs in Symbolic Computation, 2nd edn. (Springer, Wien/NewYork/Vienna, 2008)Google Scholar