Statistics and Probability with R
- Emilio L. CanoAffiliated withDepartment of Statistics and Operations Research, Rey Juan Carlos University
- , Javier M. MoguerzaAffiliated withDepartment of Statistics and Operations Research, Rey Juan Carlos University
- , Andrés RedchukAffiliated withDepartment of Statistics and Operations Research, Rey Juan Carlos University
Statistics can be defined as the collection, classification, analysis, and interpretation of data. It is a mathematical discipline traditionally divided into two fields: descriptive statistics and inferential statistics. It makes use of the tools and methods of probability theory. Nowadays, statistics is an interdisciplinary knowledge area, used in any field where data analysis is needed. This chapter deals with descriptive statistics and probability, including central tendency measurements, variability measurements, random variables, and probability distributions, with a special focus on the binomial and normal probability distributions.
- Statistics and Probability with R
- Book Title
- Six Sigma with R
- Book Subtitle
- Statistical Engineering for Process Improvement
- pp 141-165
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Use R!
- Series Volume
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media New York
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.